anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

Nice pic of road AND scenery. Gives good idea of what would b e like to ride that road.

Good to hear your incident with dog did not cause any more problem than it did.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Glad to hear both you and the dog survived unscathed Lurch, I hate running over animals... at the bottom of Mt Glorious here (very popular riding road I was on yesterday) I've had to dodge quite large monitor lizards on a number of occasions, none yesterday though.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Sunny today, rainy resdt of week.
        Figured I can rake leaves if it rainy.

Got home and headed out.
        38 degrees. Was thinking that was temperature when headed out for Brown County Tina ride in May. THat was first big trip of the season. Was thinking that I probably already had the last big trip of season (Steadman/Stockbridge in September).

Headed out of town along the river.
        Stopped to look at this.
        State has built a bridge over road for a new highway that is years away from being built. So for now it is a bridge for nothing. Is a bridge with a fence all the way around it.

THen went further out to a county park along the river.
        Only color is that of sunset, no fall color anymore.

Last edited by Redman; 11-05-2012, 08:06 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went out to visit GS member kirkn (Kirk) the other day on my GS1000. When I pulled up he was a wrenching a Honda one lunger that belonged to his son. So today I decided to visit him again but he wasn't home yet, so I took a couple of pic's anyway. Chatted with his wife and she said the bike Kirk was wrenching on when I visited him Saturday was stolen where his son works. Damn to bad luck!

Today it was definitely long sleeve T-shirt weather in Florida , as you can see the cooler temps are having as drastic effect on all the foilage, made it very bright green . And now it gets dark so early because of daylight savings time I probably won't get to ride after work no more.

sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Got out yesterday in what was a beautiful sunny high of 16 (63-64) degree day!
            First two pics are on top of Mt. Tolmie (not much of a mountain) overlooking Victoria and the Pacific...

This pic was taken at Mt. Douglas park. After Halloween people bring their jack-o-lanterns to place all around the road and all around the park..it is very cool to see. There are hundreds and hundreds of them...
            No signature

Comment

I was out Yesterday taking photos of a road we are going to repave.
              Never did get sunny and 67 as predicted. Spokane Wa.

Ignore the date on the pic I forgot to reset it.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor ......
                This pic was taken at Mt. Douglas park. After Halloween people bring their jack-o-lanterns to place all around the road and all around the park..it is very cool to see. There are hundreds and hundreds of them...
                [IMG
                http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t513/trevorf1/pumpkin.jpg?t=1352262703[/IMG]
                that is interesting.
                But...
                Ah.. what's that like in about two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Remington44-77 View Post
                  I was out Yesterday taking photos of a road we are going to repave.
                  ...... it.
                  So it was a bussiness trip, and can turn in mileage expence, get paid for riding ...?

Comment

No pics, only riding I've been doing lately is to work and back home, about 26 miles round trip.
                    Had some chilly rides in mourning, been pretty decent temperature on way home.

Comment

Redman :No I Don't get reimbursed, But it sure was a god excuse to go for a ride. I kind of got chewed out for not using a company rig. Beets sitting at a computer all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        that is interesting.
                        But...
                        Ah.. what's that like in about two weeks.

The city workers come and take them away. Cool eh?
                        No signature

Comment

Went for a 50 mile Jaunt on the 1150ES today. I installed a new Rear master cylinder from a GS750 I just rebuilt so now I have 100% functional brakes. Also Rebuilt the stock gauge cluster and used the guts of a 85 550E cluster as the donor. for I'm about 99% sure the R&R went on the PO and blew every resistor an bulb in the cluster(I'll list the rebuild with pics in a project thread). It was a nice ride but the bike definitely needs a new rear tire. The new gauges work well enough however I think of investing into a KOSO RX-2 with 10,000 RPM band soon... But they work well enough for now and tire is first priority.

Any way I rode on all the back roads along the VT side of Lake Champlain. Temperature was 35'. A bit brisk but I was well suited up. Bike ran fantastic just like my 750 it loves the cold. I pulled off at wild life reserve and took these pics.

I have to say this bike is very comfortable however I need to move the handle bar up to help with the comfort level. Fairing protection helps BIG TIME in this weather.

Second pull off, on of my favorite spots.

Noticed that one of my tail bulbs is out... Like I said pretty sure the PO had an overload on the system due to a faulty R&R, still running around replacing bulbs and blown circuts...

Quick pic of the modified stock cluster with the GS550E gauges. Lost 20mph on the speedo, oh well gained 1k rpm till redline on the tach. Still waiting for bulbs for some indicator lights (like Neutral and kick stand) had to order them, no one had the bulbs in stock anywhere.
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Been ridin' to work 30-40 miles daily round trip. Don't ride when it's raining in the the morning or below 30 degrees. The cold weather gear and the vetter fairing can extend the riding season a month or two in the Chicagoland area.

Scudder

Comment

The weather was just too nice and HAD to leave work early to take advantage of it. Went by my wifes fish market out in Sidney..always a good spot for a pic...

No signature

Comment

Rob (AZR) and I got out for a great ride today. Was able to finally stretch the legs on the new bike. All I can say is wow! We went up Island to Cowichan, did around 220kms today. Sunny and around 8 (46) degrees today but cooler up the Malahat. Here is a pic where we stopped for lunch over looking the Pacific. Oh and thanks for lunch Rob.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X