No announcement yet.

Still Won't Idle! I think I'm done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump! Is it time to recheck the valves yet?
    RJ

Comment

Still purring like the pretty lady she is.

Comment

Just read this whole thread, took me a few hours, but really enjoyed the fact that the problem got solved eventually. I am new to this site, and have just bought an old GS850G, 1979 model. I'ts great to have access to the knowledge that's available on this forum, and I know that when I hit a snag there's always somewhere to go for advice.

Etienne Nel.

Comment

Great Thread

Just read this whole thread, I love this forum.

--j

Comment

The whole thing only cemented the philosophy of checking EVERYTHING and starting back at the beginning, otherwise you just don't know what you're working with.

Comment

Great thread... However I started reading and after a few posts, I was like screaming at the screen, check the valves, check the valves! It was like a horror film and you know they are gonna open the door and you don't want them to. But its great that the thread went on as it did and like a bedtime story, everyone is at peace. But anytime you get a new bike, do the valves, its the most unfun, byt you have to see the bigger picture, it was unfun for the PO's before you too, so who know how long shes gone without an adjustment.

Comment

You can learn so much from reading. Can't wait to get into mine. Congrats MIke. I am so glad your ride is going well, hip hip hooray for sticktoittiveness, good for you...

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
                  The whole thing only cemented the philosophy of checking EVERYTHING and starting back at the beginning, otherwise you just don't know what you're working with.
                  Pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    Pretty much
                    ineed help PLEASE! my gs450l will run great 1 day and will only run for a mile or two the next time i try to ride. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO START? AND WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO SIMPLY POST ON HERE IM A NEWBE

Comment

SORRY GUYS i think im learning the hang of it. KINDA

Comment

Originally posted by iowahippie View Post
                        ineed help PLEASE! my gs450l will run great 1 day and will only run for a mile or two the next time i try to ride. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO START? AND WHAT IS THE RIGHT WAY TO SIMPLY POST ON HERE IM A NEWBE
                        Look at top left of column where it's says "POST NEW THREAD"- dive in and explain your problem , Hopefully, you've already discovered Mr.Basscliff's knowledge vault.
                        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I have a bike with the same issues, will be doing valve work soon

Comment

I love that this thread lives on.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike View Post
                              I love that this thread lives on.
                              Same here. There's so much great info in here.
                              Kind of sad to see some of the old timers listed as "guest" now, though.

By the way, I think I recognize the location your bike pic was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by emjay View Post
                                Same here. There's so much great info in here.
                                Kind of sad to see some of the old timers listed as "guest" now, though.

By the way, I think I recognize the location your bike pic was taken.

I do believe you were standing just a few yards away when it was taken!

Comment

Working...
                                X