Post a picture of your custom GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
    I was being impatient with it and didnt think it through you know.
    Hate when that happens.
    ...how bout just add the wanted 5" back to it rather than farming out for another frame? {just a thought}

Comment

Well since i have the peice i cut off ill be chopping that up so that i can have all the brackets off of it, instead of trashing another bike
      I build Pipers

Comment

Hi, The trunk is removable. It is my daily driver so the extra carry space comes in very handy. I can post a picture of the mounts if you want

Comment

Originally posted by gregp View Post
          one more after this...
          Truly a unique bike. I love the look.
          sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

heres my work in progress, its changed a little since this was taken..
            You know...the more "I" look at this pic, the more I have to say- why change it? It has the rear wheel sticking out in cafe style...the tank looks elongated even though it isn't and you'd still have enough room to move around on with a single seat platform {we never readjust while riding - do we...I do}.
            She's your canvas, but I'd leave her as is...but add homemade rear sets and put the battery in the tail so it's open. My two cents for what lil it's worth...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyF
              My 83 750L. Trying to take some of the L out of it
              I think you did a L of a job ! Looks cool.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Sorry I tried to upload from photo bucket but my computer fu is weak
                My 83 750L. I tried to get some of the L out of is IMG_0324_zpszmawtaj7.jpg

Comment

Tastefully done, I like how it looks too.

Originally posted by MikeyF View Post
                  Sorry I tried to upload from photo bucket but my computer fu is weak
                  My 83 750L. I tried to get some of the L out of is [ATTACH=CONFIG]50822[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                    Nice metal forming...like the black mesh insert too...nice contrast. How'd you anchor the bottom of each cover though? {rare earth magnets...clip...?}
                    After kicking around a lot of ideas including clips and magnets I went with the push to fasten "Velcro" type stuff. Not hook and loop but the stuff that really holds well where each side is the same....look like little pin heads that interlock. Put a spacer where the grommet mounted to extend out to the side cover. So far holds really well.

Comment

Thanks...well after staring at it for a few weeks i got to thinking the headlights are mounted too high....which I knew from the beginning I suppose. So I flipped my brackets over and modified them and currently working on a duraplex front cowl and windsheild...ill post some picks of the mods when it's done...already liking it better

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                        You know...the more "I" look at this pic, the more I have to say- why change it? It has the rear wheel sticking out in cafe style...the tank looks elongated even though it isn't and you'd still have enough room to move around on with a single seat platform {we never readjust while riding - do we...I do}.
                        She's your canvas, but I'd leave her as is...but add homemade rear sets and put the battery in the tail so it's open. My two cents for what lil it's worth...
                        Heres an updated picture of the bike, i may just keep it how it is honestly. I want to get my other bikes going and this is 100%rideable as is. Although rearsets will be a must haha
                        I build Pipers

Comment

Heres an updated picture of the bike, i may just keep it how it is honestly. I want to get my other bikes going and this is 100%rideable as is. Although rearsets will be a must haha
                          Really like the stance and the roughness at this point...doing any more is a Pandora's box...i.e. Paint this leads to painting that leads to polishing those. If I were going to do one more thing to your bike I might just paint the wheels to match each other...

Comment

update after flipping my headlight brackets over and adding the cutouts and perforated metal inserts...also fabbed a decorative cover under the headlights and made a polycarbonate fly screen
                            Attached Files

Comment

'78 gs400x
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]51130[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by blue06gixx View Post
                                '78 gs400x
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]51130[/ATTACH]
                                Okay, I give up. Where's the battery and eletrics? You guys are getting good at hiding stuff. 👍
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X