• Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by mattfeet View Post
      I like that!
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Build thread in Projects section.

Comment

IMG_20150623_020404.jpg

Well this is my project

Comment

Originally posted by ruili View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]42890[/ATTACH]

Well this is my project
            Hope you just picked that up[ from a PO; it looks a little.......... can we say 'tweeked"?

Comment

Added clip-ons and a new exhaust to my '80. Played with the graphics as well... it's a never-ending process....

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

so many great looking bikes! Nice to see the passion for these bikes is incredible!018.jpg

Comment

Heres my 1980 GS550E. Had it about a year and have put a few things on it. Looking to cafe it eventually.

Comment

My supercharged -86 GS 1150.

This winters project -84 GS 1150.

Comment

That's right out of 'Mad Max' except better. Very nicely done, congrats!
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Absolutely the most masterful craftsman on this site. Those bikes are amazing.
                        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

GS Side.jpg

Bigger pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...sytp14boz.jpeg

I made a thread for it a while back, but it's a 1982 GS650GL my buddy gave me last May. I got it as a roller with a cut up wiring harness, stuck carbs, stuck pistons, and a couple boxes of parts. Not only does it run now, it runs really good, and I've been riding it back and forth to work when the weather lets me. It used to be a try hard chopper, now it's a very basic standard. Here's the list of stuff I did with notes:

-Cut the rear and added a hoop
                          -Custom wiring harness using Rick's Motorsports connectors, Tefzel (ETFE, NASA/MILSPEC, for our purposes this stuff is pretty much fireproof and indestructible) wire, and assembled using a sweet ratcheting crimp tool. There are quite literally 4 solder connections on the entire bike. 2 fuses. Point at a wire, and I will tell you exactly what it does. There are like 14 wires total, lol. The high and low beams run off of their own relays. The charging system and everything else (headlight, brake light) works. The rect/reg is mounted right under the steering stem on the front of the bike (lots of airflow) and everything else is bolted to a plate above the center stand pivot. No turn signals. You have to ride this thing slowly, sanely, and use hand signals when there are other motorists around. I use hand signals even when I have indicators, so this is not a downside for me. This is the third wiring harness I've built for it. I may do a 4th "salt grade" harness using Weatherpack connectors, concentric twisting, and covered head to toe in heat shrink. Maybe, we'll see. It would be soooo overkill, but I'd have fun doing it, talking about it, and showing it off. I really like building wiring harnesses!
                          -Forks lowered 3" using spacers on the damping rods. Forks still need some work. They don't work as well as I'd like them to.
                          -Canned the stock bars for superbike bars and my favorite Renthal grips. Eliminated all gauges and displays, retained run/kill switch and start button.
                          -Pods, DynoJet Stage 3 kit (110 mains). Runs perfectly. Lots of fun rowing it through the gears. I have no idea how it ran "stock," so I can't tell you how the kit compares. You can whack the throttle open whenever you want, the bike just works. It feels bloody fast to me for a 650cc bike that's older than I am!
                          -Raised rear of tank to make it more level with the rest of the bike
                          -General tune-up stuff: oil/filter change, pods oiled, valve check (in spec), new plugs. Old wires (they work fine). Cables lubed. Pivots lubed.
                          -Left mirror pilfered from the shop's parts bin. Probably from a Chinese scooter of some sort.
                          -New tires. Cheapo Shinkos for $117/pair. Work great as far as I can tell.
                          -Did the best I could to avoid cheesy aftermarket parts. Retained stock stuff where I could (headlight, tail light, levers, controls, switches), used OEM quality stuff (Bosch relays, etc) where I couldn't.
                          -The bike has never been cleaned except for the parts my hands, rags, and tools touched while I was working on it. I haven't painted, polished, or cleaned a single thing on it yet. Obviously the carbs have been cleaned inside. You know what I mean.

Stuff still left to do:

Get my seat pan covered
                          Mount tank permanently
                          Have SS brake lines made

Stuff I REALLY WANNA DO:

Cartridge emulators in the forks
                          $$$ shocks out back
                          Lots and lots of powder coat
                          Trips to Indy, COTA, Pike's Peak, Speed Week, Laguna Seca, Daytona, El Mirage, South Dakota, etc
                          Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Next time left click on the IMG code to the right in your screen and paste in your post. Nice gear.

I like that tank raised. If those pipes are in good shape . don't cut them..... Cheers!
                            Last edited by Charlie G; 12-12-2015, 10:46 PM.
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Great looking bikes! Lot of work involved. Thanks for sharing.
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

That looks cool!

bringing the rear of the tank up "minimizes" the L look!

For your next harness just use tin plated marine wire, it will save extra steps to make it corrosion proof.

Cheers
                                1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                                1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Working...
                                X