GS1000ST Paintwork - UK design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000ST Paintwork - UK design

Saw this NOS bodywork set at Stafford show yesterday - the first blue set in this design that I've seen. My mate took the photos on his phone and at the moment he's only managed to email me this one. Hopefully the other photos of the tank etc are in his phone somwhere and if he can find them I'll put them up as well.

(You can see the mudguard in the foreground by the way)

Price being asked for the set by the trader (minus butty box and side panels) - £700

79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

£700???????????

Yikes!!

Comment

My mate managed to find the photo of the mudguard. The tank is also on his phone but he's struggling to email it. I'll add it when he's worked it out.

79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

And finally......the tank (me and my mate won't win any competitions for quick use of a mobile phone)

79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Too rich for my blood

Hi Mr. hampshirehog,

I'm with Mr. Zooks. That's a lot of quid. I might pay half that if I was in the market and it included the side panels and tail section. It sure looks pretty, like a couple of past BOM pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Cliff,

You have to remember we're spoilt by a distinct lack of rust out here in SOCAL though. In the UK they have a lot more rust issues with tanks & fenders etc I would think.

I agree, even at current exchange it's pricey $1100. What does Z1 charge for a full KZ bodywork set? I don't think it's that much...

Dan
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Hey Dan,

You're right. We are blessed in many ways being where we are. I just checked the Kawasaki parts on Z1 and they are being sold for around $1000-$1200. I suppose if I wanted/needed it badly enough I would come up with the dough.

I toy with the idea of doing the Cooley thing on my bike. But I've got a list of other things to get done first.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              Last edited by Guest; 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Today has been a rust inducing day for sure (tipped it down all day - we were spoiled by a nice sunny weekend I suppose...)

I suppose if you're doing a perfect restoration these would be worth it - they've got to be extremely rare in this design / colour.

If you wanted a set painted up here it would cost about £450 and as you would easily get £250 for a scrappy set it's probably a reasonable deal. I offered the guy £300 hoping to see where we would end up but he wasn't interested in bartering so I guess he must have been confident he would get what he was looking for.

(I did get a bargain at the show - a set of mudguards for my PC50 for £4. My mate told me off for knocking the seller down from a fiver - easily get over £100 on Ebay for them here as they're surprisingly pretty rare now).
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Working...
                X