This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
    ... and he's suddenly swamped with donations to process!
    One more picture of Ulysses S Grant sent via Mr. Barr

Thanks Frank & Guys !!
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thanks basscliff for the link to paypal. Money is on the way.
      Don

Comment

Much easier... Paypal sent. Thanks Robert - another great service you provide
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Paypal payment sent!

Thanks Robert!

And thanks Frank and all the GSR faithful who have helped me and countless others out!

Rick

Comment

I think it would be neat to have GS Resource T-shirts available with some portion of the cost going to support the site. This would be another source of funds in addition to donations.I bet many members would eat this up.
            Any thoughts?

1978 GS1000C
            1979 GS1000E
            1980 GS1000E
            2004 Roadstar

Comment

Originally posted by Florida Guy View Post
              I find it strange that Frank doesn't have a Paypal acc't.
              Seems everyone else on the internet does.

Why have money go to another party, then be forwarded to you ??
              PayPal is indecently convenient, but it can also turn into a nightmare overnight that will cost you thousands with absolutely no recourse. Although they provide financial services, PayPal is (by careful design) legally not a bank, and is thus not subject to the protections banking laws give consumers. Their Terms of Service is a truly frightening document. They count on most people never bothering to read it.

Frank has elected not to risk becoming entangled with PayPal, which is a choice I can fully respect.

I have a PayPal account that I use regularly, but I have also taken steps to protect myself. No matter what, PayPal cannot access more than a small amount of my money, and I never keep much of a balance in my PayPal account. I've never had a problem.

The vast majority of the time, PayPal works beautifully. But if something goes wrong, it's a nightmare. The PayPal TOS allows them to take all the money in your account AND all the money they can access in linked accounts and cards whenever they wish and for whatever reasons they wish, and you are not allowed to appeal or to even learn of their reasons -- PayPal's decisions are final. Learn more here: http://paypalsucks.com

PayPal is great, until they're not. If you're going to use PayPal, just make sure that you understand the risks and you've protected yourself.

Anyway, I sent Frank a check several months ago, but it got lost in the mail (Frank confirmed that he never received it). Thanks for the kick in the rear, BC -- another check is on the way to Georgia!
              Last edited by bwringer; 08-03-2009, 12:44 AM.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                PayPal is indecently convenient, but it can also turn into a nightmare overnight that will cost you thousands with absolutely no recourse. Although they provide financial services, PayPal is (by careful design) legally not a bank, and is thus not subject to the protections banking laws give consumers. Their Terms of Service is a truly frightening document. They count on most people never bothering to read it.

Thanks for the reminder Brian. Just transferred most of my Paypal balance over to the bank. Better safe than sorry.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  I think it would be neat to have GS Resource T-shirts available with some portion of the cost going to support the site. This would be another source of funds in addition to donations.I bet many members would eat this up.
                  Any thoughts?
                  +1 here here. T-shirts, Hats maybe, decals.

Comment

Originally posted by mistertoadie View Post
                    i would totally be down for that. i will be sending $$ next week (i get paid friday)

Comment

Donation sent last month

Hello!

How can I tell if my donation was received? I never got any type of confirmation - it was sent last month IIRC.

Thanks,
                      -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
                        Hello!

How can I tell if my donation was received? I never got any type of confirmation - it was sent last month IIRC.

Thanks,
                        -Bob

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Donation sent. Best $25 I ever spent!

Comment

Originally posted by mistertoadie View Post
                            +2 on all that. A well designed t-shirt and decal would be great.

Comment

Frank and Dan and I are being very thankful for donations that are having been made to the site, as well as to those that have been contributing their time and acting as conduits for those who are preferring to use alternate methods of payment!

This site would not be being what it is without you all, and I am not just talking about monetary contributions. Some people are contributing to success of this site through monies, whereas others are contributing through technical expertise on the site and in some cases, even personally visiting members (old and new) with problems to help them get their bikes up and running. And others are helping/contributing in ways that are not being so obvious.

My hat is being off to all of you and thanking you all for your help and support. In great appreciation, I, we all, thank you and salute you!

Now, where am I having laid down my hat?

Comment

Originally posted by russr33 View Post
                                +2 on all that. A well designed t-shirt and decal would be great.
                                I LIKE the T shirt idea! Maybe one that had a certain profit to go to the Gs Resources site? That way we all win! Who can come up with the best idea for one?

Comment

Working...
                                X