No announcement yet.

I rebuild carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put the carbs Bill rebuilt on my 82 GS750T. The bike is at my sister's home in upstste New York. I only use the bike to take a few rides when I visit a couple times a year. The bike runs so well I'm not even going to break out the sync guages I purchased. I just want to enjoy the bike for the next ten days. He was fast and did incredible work. Communication was excellent throughout the process. I highly reccomend Bill's services to maintain your carbs or sort out those "pod and pipe demons". In a word: incredible. But economical too. Thanks again Bill

Comment

I'd like some info, pricing for rebuild and Stage 3 rejetting for BS34 CM's on a 81 GS1100E. I already have the jetting kit.
      I also have some RS36D3-K's that might need a rebuild and cleaning.
      PM please.

Comment

Looking for same service. Sounds great for those of us that are less mechanically inclined.

Chef1366 - Are you still doing this work?

Comment

thanks bill!!! carbs look great and engine is beastly now! anyone looking for first rate,quality job ,chef's work is top notch!!

Comment

Bill did my carbs as well. Came back well packed and padded, safe and sound. Since they came from an 81 the choke had to be swapped out for the 83 GS850 I recently purchased (Bill offered to do this as well). Installed on the bike and it fired right up. Slight idle adjust was all they needed. He sent a detailed list of repaired/ replaced parts as well.

Thanks again Bill,
            Roger
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

have a 82 gs650e are you able to fix a cracked float post on the #1 carb its a clean break and all I am seeing people do is Jb weld but want it done for long term fix not temporary. Any advice and or help would be awesome! thanks

Comment

Hey Chef...I PM'd you about some carbs for '81 GS750E...

Comment

I have a 81 gs550l needs carbs rebuilt do you still do these carbs? my email is kingpin1958@hotmail.com or phone is 812-360-7673. any help would be great

Comment

Originally posted by gking1958 View Post
                    I have a 81 gs550l needs carbs rebuilt do you still do these carbs? my email is kingpin1958@hotmail.com or phone is 812-360-7673. any help would be great
                    I sent you an email
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You certainly do rebuild carbs. I could not have been happier with the results received with mine.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Hello Chef

I have a set of carbs off a 1983 suzuki katana 1100 sd . I am looking for costing for cleaning and rebuild on these 4 carbs. What is costing for this service with shipping to NH. Thx Ole Skool

Comment

Originally posted by Oleskool View Post
                          Hello Chef

I have a set of carbs off a 1983 suzuki katana 1100 sd . I am looking for costing for cleaning and rebuild on these 4 carbs. What is costing for this service with shipping to NH. Thx Ole Skool
                          I sent an email awhile back
                          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Another shout out for chef1366. Great to work with on re-doing my carbs for my ‘80 GS1100LT. I Sent him both the original rack that was in a box that the PO stated he had broken something on (two float posts actually), as well as the one that was on the bike. Bill actually let me know it the wrong carb rack for my bike (it was for the SOHC engine). He rebuilt the orginal and the bike runs great now. He was great to work with, fair in pricing, and quick with shipping. Thanks, Bill!
                            Steedracer
                            Brentwood, TN

1980 GS1100LT......
                            1974 Yamaha DT360 Enduro
                            1975 Kawasaki KE125
                            1973 Kawasaki G4TR
                            1967 Honda Cub 50

Comment

Hey chef if you are still in the business of rebuilding I am interested in you sending me a quote for a set of CVs

Comment

I've got a GS850G I bought the Campbell x-pipe and sent my carbs to monty I wanted to change to pods instead of the OEM air-box, he put jets in 11 size bigger than stock. I can't get this thing to run right , it backfires and pops and has a slow response when you give it the gas. could you help?
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2019, 09:26 AM. Reason: info not needed

Comment

Working...
                                X