what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
    No problems. The forks are held on by the steering stem and bearings, the nut that secures them is under that top plate. Keep the pinch bolts on the lower triple tree tight though or the tubes will slip up.

Awesome! that makes the whole job a lot simpeler! i'll try
    to update here as i'm progressing. cheers!

Comment

A few weeks ago, Dogma (Dale) made this casing using his 3D printer for the voltmeter inside:

I finally decided to try drilling a hole for the wires and made the pilot hole with a 1/8" drill bit. Unfortunately, I then drilled to the hole size I needed by going to the exact 5/16" drill bit I needed which turned out to be a big mistake. The bit caught the casing and cracked it; fortunately Dale is willing to make another so hopefully I'll do better next time around

I then installed this CB radio and a Sena SR10 Bluetooth to Radio adapter. My intent is to be able to talk to Steve and Bonita by CB while also talking with Charmayne over our Cardo Smartpack headsets. Now to just schedule a road test this next week.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Can't it already be printed with the hole??

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
          Can't it already be printed with the hole??
          Dogma is going to try it this time around.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Put some Vesrah HD clutch springs in the Kat 1150, eventhough they're for only a 80-81 1100 not sure what the difference is if any.

Doing first trackday of the year on my Bday next Saturday. Woohoo!

Haven't been SIR (Pacific Raceways) in 16 years, should be interesting.

Here's a race in 1991, I had the priviledge to attend as a spectator.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              A few weeks ago, Dogma (Dale) made this casing using his 3D printer for the voltmeter inside:

I finally decided to try drilling a hole for the wires and made the pilot hole with a 1/8" drill bit. Unfortunately, I then drilled to the hole size I needed by going to the exact 5/16" drill bit I needed which turned out to be a big mistake. The bit caught the casing and cracked it; fortunately Dale is willing to make another so hopefully I'll do better next time around

I then installed this CB radio and a Sena SR10 Bluetooth to Radio adapter. My intent is to be able to talk to Steve and Bonita by CB while also talking with Charmayne over our Cardo Smartpack headsets. Now to just schedule a road test this next week.

Are you really going to ride with all that stuff on you bars? What am I saying I tote a 44 oz soda on mine. lol You do know they sell nice little compact digital voltmeters on ebay for under $8 and they have 2 USB ports? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-D...hYdqn~&vxp=mtr

Some even offer color options.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I needed to spend some time with the GS850 yeasterday. Been working on the track bike to much lately. Put in a new AGM battery from Batteries + and it turns over great now. Fires up within 2 second now. I didn't realize how bad the other was until now. Changed the oil and filter. Also changed the secondary and final drive gear oil. Took it for a quick ride just to work out the cobwebs. I love this old bike.
                1979 GS850G
                2004 SV650N track bike
                2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Carter that race video from '91 was great to watch.
                  Also scary to watch. The on-board lap at the beginning shows trees and bushes about 10 feet off the track. At 180mph? Yikes!
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yeah, the back section has very limited runoff room.
                    They changed the configuration on the last corner onto the straight into a Bus Stop type turn to slow the bikes, then added a sweep off the dragstrip and back on at the end.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

20170530_162550.jpg
                      Fork seals and Sonic springs. Also put on some new headlight ears while I'm in there.
                      After looking at it in the air I'm thinking a bobber unicycle, what do you guys think?
                      Alan

sigpic
                      Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                      Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                      Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                      Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]51278[/ATTACH]
                        Fork seals and Sonic springs. Also put on some new headlight ears while I'm in there.
                        After looking at it in the air I'm thinking a bobber unicycle, what do you guys think?

Sooooo, unibobber?
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]51278[/ATTACH]
                          Gonna be tough to practice on! But I guarantee you'll be the only one on your block that has one.

Comment

Unibobber, I love it, and actually I'm the only one on the block that even has a GS.
                            Alan

sigpic
                            Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                            Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                            Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                            Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

I think a large majority of us are the only ones on the block with a (Suzuki) GS. I can probably say I have the nicest one in town even.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I prepped and test road four bikes that were being sold, each needing this or that, but I was suppose the be reassembling an engine. I only got in enough time to clean the mating surface of the block and put the tranny back in with the new 1st-5th gear set and shift forks. Tomorrow I get to turn this pile of parts back into a Busa engine. Woohoo!
                                GSRick
                                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Working...
                                X