what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very tidy set-up, Christoph.
    Assuming it is button on the handlebar activated?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

20170422_205040.jpg
      Yeah, my control moduleis in my handlebar. I'm able to upshift and downshift with push of a button.
      Cristoph
      Current Bike: 1986 Suzuki GS1150E
      Previous Bikes: 1977 Honda CB750K / 1983 Honda CM450a

Comment

I've been tuning my carbs a little bit since the season started. Upped my main jet a few weeks ago and noticed that off idle I was getting bogged down a little. Added a washer on top of my needle to lower it a tad and it's loads smoother now. I did a plug chop but my plugs are from last year and look the same as when I did it with the smaller main. Going to install new plugs and do another test.
        1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550
        1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Replacing the rear tire on my 2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 tonight. My Pirelli tire has some crazy wear so I'm replacing it with a Michelin City Grip. Good reviews from the Burgie riders.

Next weekend fork seals and Sonic springs on the GS850G with the help of Wingsconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
            Replacing the rear tire on my 2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 tonight. My Pirelli tire has some crazy wear so I'm replacing it with a Michelin City Grip. Good reviews from the Burgie riders.

Next weekend fork seals and Sonic springs on the GS850G with the help of Wingsconsin.
            No pressure ... no pressure ...
            Currently in the Stable :
            2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
            1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
            - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Absolutely no pressure. We'll have a good time. I've never done fork seals before so I'll be learning along the way. I'm excited to get those new springs in too. No more bucking bronco!
              Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
              No pressure ... no pressure ...

Comment

good news, header is done (again, hopefully correct this time) and free of charge due to all the hassles. Nice.
                1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

The '83's secondary drive took a crap late last year and I did the Zook's repair. Buttoned that up but in the mean time I had Steve rebuild the carbs (thanks for an excellent job Steve) and adjusted the valves, synched the carbs, put new sealing on the air filter and installed a sh-775.
                  Went out just now to rip on it and found the clutch springs need attention but other than that she's very happy.
                  Alan

sigpic
                  Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                  Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                  Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                  Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

20170429_174504.jpg

The stable. And they're all running at once. Man does that feel good.
                    Only 6 more projects to go.......
                    Alan

sigpic
                    Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
                    Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
                    Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
                    Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

shotgunned 13 quarts of transmission fluid through my truck yesterday. I forgot how fast the transmission can pump out the fluid. I had to have my roommate shut off my truck 4 or 5 times to not damage it cause I couldn't pour in the trans fluid fast enough, and the trans was starting to pump air into the bucket.

once I get home today, i'll be changing the oil on the 109 and cleaning the speed sensor. and if I can get that done with a reasonable amount of time left, i'll be looking at pulling the starter off of the gas gas to look at the brushes.

Comment

Got the project I've been working on for the last several months to the point that while not totally debugged, it is ridable. Started it up after it's nap, new set of BS36's. Ran like crap, wouldn't idle below 4k. Hmmmmm-lean. Took the pods off, cleaned and oiled with K&N oil, runs much better. I changed SO many things the chance of everything working properly is pretty slim. The rain slowed enough to ride to the gas station and put 6 miles on it.
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Been working on this XL1000, service and safety checks for MOT test. Not a suzuki but 2 GS Suzuki's to show it who's boss !. Since I retired I have more time to do work for other people, sorted a problematic Triumph Thunderbird last week.
                          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

20170503_103943.jpg
                          Last edited by uk gs nut; 05-03-2017, 08:23 AM.
                          My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Some people have noted the datsuns in the background of some of the pictures on my build thread. Well we headed over to z fever in tampa today and put down 701 at the tire at 26psi. The turbo isn't efficient till 35psi, but the water pump died. Heres the video in 720p

you can see the aftermath of the water pump death haha we think the radiator was a little clogged. The block was cleaned so all the orange crap is from the rad..
                            Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 05-03-2017, 02:20 PM.
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Update on the z:
                              Blew out a freeze plug on the head. Retourqe the head replace the plug and were bout to do the first street pull in about 15 minutes..
                              I build Pipers

Comment

Back to detailing the "T". I Picked up new engine decals and started on polishing the various covers. First being the ignition cover. It was basically unaddressed cosmetically, like most of the bike when I got it.

here's the before n' afters....

with about an hour of work and a new emblem, and a little silver caliper paint on the casing, I'm able to see what the rest of the engine should look like once the whole thing is polished/touched up.

Last edited by Pb9717; 05-04-2017, 12:59 PM.
                                PB
                                Central Jersey
                                82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

Working...
                                X