I'm looking for a new seat cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a new seat cover

I've been searching the web and I came up with this place http://motorcycleseatcovers.com/orde...Make=SUZUKI&HP=

Has anyone dealt with them? They seam to be pretty cheap but I am looking for a seat cover that has pretty much te same design as mine. I dont want just a flat piece of fabric.
    I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
    1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

I used Sargents, cost about $115 with the piping.

Comment

I'd like to find one that looks like the one on my bike. Like the one in the pic.

I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

The B&H cover will not have the fancy scroll work on the sides or back. I took my original seat, and the new B&H cover to a local upolstery shop. He was able to stitch the side & back panel to the new cover. Came out pretty good, I think.

Comment

Yeah Not really worried about all the designs on the side and the back I just want the top of the seat to be sort of the same as the old one. Dont care for the plain flat look.
          I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by kparkfan View Post
            Yeah Not really worried about all the designs on the side and the back I just want the top of the seat to be sort of the same as the old one. Dont care for the plain flat look.
            Well, then the B&H cover will look like just like your stock cover, with plain side & back. The fitment will be good. I think you will not be disappointed.

Comment

I found this place today. They are a bit cheaper has anyone heard of them?

I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

For the same price, you can go straight to the source: Saddlemen.
                No picture on that site, but I would guess that it would be pretty close to the cover they use on their "LTD" seat.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Not a bad seat cover bt wow their shipping is outrageous. Shipping was 20.56 for usps parcel post. The other place only wanted 7.99.
                  I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

I did not check on the shipping, but would not think it would cost that much.

Seems to me that's about what we paid for shipping the whole seat when we got the one for my wife's bike a few years ago.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Lol I bout spit my pop all over the computer screen when I seen that price pop up.
                      I didnt do it I swear !!

1982 GS850G

1980 GS1100L

Comment

Originally posted by GS1100GK
                        What do you expect? According to their website, it does weigh 4 whole pounds!

Okay, so maybe it is oversized for the weight, but more than $20?

IMHO, using excessive shipping charges to pad your bottom line is unethical and should be illegal. If they want to make more on a product, increase the price and then you can make an informed choice whether to pay the extra or not.

Sneaking it in afterwards is underhanded and I try not to deal with people like that. Sometimes you don't have a choice, but I make certain to tell the vendor I don't appreciate such tactics and many would consider it shady, slimy, (pick your word).

Good luck on finding a seat.

- John
                        I just got new carb boot clamps from Partshark and he ripped me on shipping. He sent them in a small Pri mail box and charged me for 3 day FedEx. So, the clamps were $11.64 and shipping was $9.00. He does the shipping rate according to the amount of money you spend. Online postage rate (commercial which he used) is $5.00.
                        Enough of that rant and hijack, the L seat cover I got from Saddlemen didn't fit well and the hole for the lock was too low and the key was hard to get into the lock. I had to grind down a key to work in it. If the other supplier looks as good and cost isn't that much different I'd go with them.

Comment

Will a GL seat cover fit?
                          If so you can go with Pit Replica, they even have the stamped in Suzuki logo on the back. I just recovered my seat with a Pit Replica seat cover, it worked out better than I ever thought it could.
                          If they don't have your model seat cover they will make you one for free, but................. you have to send them your original, to "Thailand!" you can E-mail them at pitreplica2@gmail.com

Here's a link to that seat cover

sigpic
                          Steve
                          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Yes, I worked with Pit Replica to get a cover for my GS. It took a looonnnngggg time to get back, but it was worth the wait. IMHO it looks very, very close to stock. The competitors had no interest in duplicating what I had, they just wanted to sell me a generic cover.

kparkfan, are you going to the BC rally in May? I plan on riding the GPz, but I can make sure the Pit Replica seat makes it down. If the GPz is not ready at that time (I still have to tune the carbs) the GS is the backup and so it will be there anyway.

Comment

Mine took a couple weeks to get here but it looks great. I'll put up a picture when my upholstery guy gives it back tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X