This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    No, lots of them have been done many times. What should be taboo is changing the rules all the time.
    Yeah, and taboo would be trying get a bunch of doddering old fools to remember what was posted a few years ago let alone last week. LOL.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I think I got the last ice skating/hockey rink tag last year, on Red at RDV Sportsplex where the Solar Bears practice, post #7629. I also remember distinctly being told, they were not NHL by my Kommie friends to the north. I'm willing to go get the rink down in Kissimmee, but I can't get there till Sunday. It's over an hour ride, one way and I've been working from dawn to dusk.

I guess I'm not doddering yet.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        No, lots of them have been done many times. What should be taboo is changing the rules all the time.
        If you're referring to the extra pics along with the tag, I understand. It's confusing to others and I'll quit that. There are plenty of other threads to share pics on. Looking back through I haven't seen any mention of repeat locations being forbidden so no need to change that anyway.

You guys have been running this thing for years I don't want to throw a wrench in it.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

It would be damm near IMPOSSIBLE to get a tag that hasn't been done before. The whole point of it is to get out and ride. Some people need an excuse to get out there. Other like the adventure to find something specific on their ride. And yet others, like myself, like all of the pictures of cool things with cool bikes...
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

If weather cooperates tomorrow, there is an ice rink 20 minutes from me. I've been wanting to head in that direction with the bike, some nice scenic roads. Also will give me chance to test out the Virago and the new bars I just installed!

Comment

The zamboni wasn't coming out soon so I went with the rink aka arena.

And keeping with the theme, how about some snow.

Last edited by odin1; 10-29-2016, 07:08 PM.
              1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
              1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

No snow here yet.... thankfully. And there went my ride plan for later.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Yeah, snow in Florida, in this decade, not happening. I had planned on going for the rink tomorrow, but.............
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

How about a snow cone? Just kidding.
                    Nothing around here yet, not even the mountains have snow.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                      Yeah, snow in Florida, in this decade, not happening. I had planned on going for the rink tomorrow, but.............
                      Here's a little helpful hint. Behind the arena after they clean the ice is where you find snow.

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                        Here's a little helpful hint. Behind the arena after they clean the ice is where you find snow.
                        I think they collect that melting ice around here and add it to the reclaimed water supply. Under that zamboni in my pic is a steel grate where the "snow" falls.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

That's funny, that's exactly what Eric said.

It took an hour getting to it, but here is some snow in Florida. Winter Summerland miniature golf outside of Disney's Blizzard Beach Waterpark, which I found out is closed for rehab. I don't think I could get to it for a photo anyway, the trees surrounding it are too tall.

Next tag is your choice. A street rod project.

or an ummmmmmmmm, Gentlemen's Club.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Nice find Rick.. I guess I could find my way to the gentlemans club. Although, the street rod project is already parked behind my bike.
                            Last edited by odin1; 10-31-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Ooooh, details?
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Nice find Rick.. I guess I could find my way to the genalmens club. Although, the street rod project is already parked behind my bike.
                                To drag out an old phrase..."pics or it didn't happen".
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X