• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good to me!
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Inflatable xmas...

LOLOL That is one sad looking group of reindeer... So Green and lush, to think your more north then me is insane!!!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

It got dark so options were getting slim for the next tag. I found a backlit bilboard, led's I think, and another with the sectional slats that turn to reveal different messages. If my fairground pic is accepted, either one of those two kinds of bilboards is the tag. An LED type or a rotating message type bilboard.

They're called tri face, Roger. I used to install them way back in the day when I worked construction and maintenance for Peterson Outdoor Advertising in Orlando. Nothing like hanging over the top and pulling 48 of those 18' tall panels up 50' or more, by rope/hook. Ah, those were the days. Some fool had the bright idea to install one on one of their super poles. Those puppies were 125' at the top.
        Last edited by gsrick; 12-13-2016, 01:23 AM.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
          They're called tri face, Roger. I used to install them way back in the day when I worked construction and maintenance for Peterson Outdoor Advertising in Orlando. Nothing like hanging over the top and pulling 48 of those 18' tall panels up 50' or more, by rope/hook. Ah, those were the days. Some fool had the bright idea to install one on one of their super poles. Those puppies were 125' at the top.
          Tri face huh? That's much easier to say than the sectional slats that turn to reveal different messages.

So, any tri faces or LED types in your neck of the woods?

Or maybe in another neck of a different woods someplace else??
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Tri face huh? That's much easier to say than the sectional slats that turn to reveal different messages.

So, any tri faces or LED types in your neck of the woods?

Or maybe in another neck of a different woods someplace else??
            Sorry Roger, I havn't been on a bike in a couple of weeks. Well for a pleasure ride that is. We have tri face boards around and LED boards, I'll try to get one sunday or monday. My problem is coming up with something good for a new tag. I've used them all up.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Dang Rick, I'm sorry for you. A couple of weeks??

Here's some ideas :

An old school arcade
              Police station w/ bikes
              News, medical or sherrif helecopter
              Tattoo/ piercing place
              A giant menorah or star of David
              Motorcycle salvage yard
              Disc golf course
              A pontoon boat
              Salvation Army red bucket
              A beach
              Vintage bus like a VW
              Hobby shop with rockets, planes etc.
              A giant flag
              Dog park
              A cave or tunnel

These just came to mind. Some may have been done before.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Dang Rick, I'm sorry for you. A couple of weeks??

Here's some ideas :

An old school arcade
                Police station w/ bikes
                News, medical or sherrif helecopter
                Tattoo/ piercing place
                A giant menorah or star of David
                Motorcycle salvage yard
                Disc golf course
                A pontoon boat
                Salvation Army red bucket
                A beach
                Vintage bus like a VW
                Hobby shop with rockets, planes etc.
                A giant flag
                Dog park
                A cave or tunnel

These just came to mind. Some may have been done before.
                I've done all but the ones in bold. The beach would be easy for me though it is an hour away, but not for most everyone else. Old school arcades are on Daytona Beach's board walk, I may be able to do that. I'll have to remember that one when I'm over that way. The MC salvage yard closed up years ago. I'm not sure if I did that one before it closed or not. Florida doesn't do caves or tunnels, we're at sea level or just above and we have this thing called an aquifer below Florida. Thanks for the other ideas. The Salvation Army bucket shouldn't be too hard at least for the next day or two.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Since the weather is warming up I thought I'd bump this up. Is anyone near a Tri Face or LED Billboard to get this going again?

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Since the weather is warming up I thought I'd bump this up. Is anyone near a Tri Face or LED Billboard to get this going again?
                    I'll have one up tomorrow of the Tri-Face and/or Led......maybe even a Tri-Face LED(like they exist).

Comment

Combo Tattoo and Barber Shop

Barber poles on sides of sign in front of bldg door at right middle all in 1 shop, should have went in and taken a pic.

Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Best LED sign EVVVAAAARRR! What you don't see really.....the Bikini Car Wash at the gas station under the sign.

iphone not cooperating with images tonight.. attempt #3 at the pics....well....the pic was here...I'll tu again later when I get back home

Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Wahoooo! Nice going, but did you get your bike washed?

Just one request, go back into edit those posts and click on the pic to enlarge then copy the bigger picture and paste back into the post so we can see the tags.

Thanks and glad to see this get out of the rut!
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Wahoooo! Nice going, but did you get your bike washed?

Just one request, go back into edit those posts and click on the pic to enlarge then copy the bigger picture and paste back into the post so we can see the tags.

Thanks and glad to see this get out of the rut!
                            between my phone and computer....interweb not playing well with my pics...will try later

Comment

I see the new tag...barber/tattoo shop? Where did he get the old tag? It would be nice if there wasn't so much chin wagging as to confuse just what the heck the tag is...
                              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                I see the new tag...barber/tattoo shop? Where did he get the old tag? It would be nice if there wasn't so much chin wagging as to confuse just what the heck the tag is...
                                Older tag said babers pole and tattoo studio separately. My phone isn't cooperating nor is the forum on uploads. Bikini car wash new tag but not really fair since I live in FL. Rick could find this one with ease and prob knows where I took this lol

for now we will go with any combo shop that had at least a tattoo or barber shop...more fair than a bikini car wash..for some reason I put the posts in wrong order.
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X