Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like this thread has run its course.
    A good reason for at least one more entry would be to get rid of a Honda pic. haha.

An rc park.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

New tag is an outdoor jungle gym, climbing apparatus or maybe zip-line park.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        A good reason for at least one more entry would be to get rid of a Honda pic. haha.
        OK, getting rid of Honda pic and putting a GS back up front! Lol

Climbing wall and ropes course up the hill. Couldn't get the GS as close as you did Steve, but close enough.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

New tag is your bike inside an automated car wash.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sheesh, I actually went out tonight and was going to look for tags. Then I got lazy and just rode for a bit after fulfilling my reason to get out- pick up brake fluid for the car at Wal Mart. They're always open....in case you need brake fluid at 10 30. It's probably the only place where one doesn't get a second when walking in with full riding gear when it's 82° and jungle humid outside.
            I've been lazy with pictures lately and trying not to bore the place with subpar pics. I'm always on the lookout for a cool photo op though.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Sunday afternoon and no one was manning the car wash so I pulled right in.

And the new tag will be an outdoor duct tape repair.
              1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Seems like this thread has run its course.....
                I used to participate more.
                But I got to where I did not want to hurry home with freshly gottten photo (to beat those that can post with online-all-the-time smart phone).

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                New tag is your bike inside an automated car wash.
                Ha!
                I like pics of bike parked in unusal places, but that is not one I have thought of. Ha!

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                Nice job of modifying the L out of the bike.

Last edited by Redman; 06-26-2017, 12:48 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A automated car wash? You guys are crazy! ☺ But you do have some nice clean motorcycles! Great tags guys, I'll have to jump into the game soon. 👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
                    Sunday afternoon and no one was manning the car wash so I pulled right in.

And the new tag will be an outdoor duct tape repair.
                    That's awesome! Did you opt for the works, or just basic wash? haha

I'll keep an eye out for duct tape repairs. I occasionally see the phone company's road side boxes smashed and temporarily taped together.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

An rc park.

Now, now, that's the reason for this game!...an excuse to show off pics of our bikes even if it's not a GS. Keep the CBX pics coming too as I want to ride one someday and it kindles the urge.

Comment

I dig the duct tape repair tag. Any home improvement store should have at least one or 2 ratty vans or pickups with tape holding on taillights, etc.

Agreed, original tags are getting tough, but I hope this thread doesn't die. One of my favorite parts of this thread is the good natured chatter between tags. And as Lurch noted, a goodvreson to post pics of our cycles.

Admittedly, I havent been contributing much lately - tough summer so far. Im hoping to get out more after family vacation later in the summer.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'll take the easy tag for 30mph. Out for a ride and back home before the skies opened up here. Next up is 35mph, or around 55kph for other countries. but 50kph is still higher than 30mph too. I have duct tape somewhere on the GS850 but thought that might be cheating to use it for that other tag. Besides the GS has a dead battery from sitting for a month and the new one is still initial charging on the charger. Confused yet?

Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Ok, I'm confused, I finally am at a point where I can get back in the game and I'm not sure what the next tag is.
                            Is the next tag a duct tape repair or is it a 35 mph speed limit sign?

Or, are there two parallel games going on at the same time?
                            Last edited by wacky941; 07-04-2017, 09:08 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                              Confused yet?

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                              Ok, I'm confused, I finally am at a point where I can get back in the game and I'm not sure what the next tag is.
                              Is the next tag a duct tape repair or is it a 35 mph speed limit sign?

Or, are there two parallel games going on at the same time?
                              Great question! Honestly, I've been looking for a 35mph sign that has been duct taped up somehow to try and appease both. But then what?

The speed sign seemed at first an easier way to appeal to the masses with it getting harder to find new tags and all. It wound up, at least in my mind, being way too predictable and easy like low hanging fruit. The game seems to try to steer back into the original format (rut??) but some don't want that. I realized it wouldn't be hard, in say a half hour, to grab every mph number possible and just post one after the other if one was so inclined to do so, thereby taking any fun or challenge out of it. But who would do such a thing, right? And why? Guess I've learned to be a bit cynical raising conniving teenagers.

I vote to bail on the speed sign altogether, and since I made a mess of it, if necessary I'd gladly refrain from future posts to see it enjoyed by you folks again!
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I like playing the game so I am continuing the dual theme. Here is the 35 sign so next up is 40 mph or an outdoor duct tape repair, or both!
                                1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Working...
                                X