This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post
    Yeah, I know it's a tag game, but I thought the rules specified that you needed to post the pictures and declare what the new tag was. I see the pictures in post 8832, but no declaration. Had to look back five posts to #8827 to find that the declaration was buried at the end of a post directed at someone else.

Too confusing. Carry on.
    Not really, the posts you mention are where I was just reposting the tag pics in a different way, since Roger said he couldn't see them. I put a description of what the tags are in my original post #8827. When a problem like this arises, I guess it can be a little confusion, but it's really a simple game.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Thanks for reposting those pics, Rick. Now I see them. Some other members have posted pics and they've not shown up on my end as well. Not sure if the image hosting site blackballed me because I bailed on Photobucket or what.

In any case, it's great to see this thing moving along again.
      I know an old traffic bridge that has been converted into a pedestrian/ equestrian bridge. Maybe I can get there before it rains. Supposed to be pretty wet for a few days here.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Couldn't fond a re purposed train bridge, but here's an old bridge for cars. Now it's used for foot traffic, bicycles and horses. It crosses the Rio Grande near Corrales, NM between Rio Rancho and Albuquerque. That's just a long way of saying, on the West side, LOL. Steve and Cowboyup know the bridge I'm sure.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Here's one I haven't seen, should be a fun find.

New tag is a mascot. This one happens to be holding a sign for the business they represent.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Good tag. What I've been doing is sending my pics to my email and then saving to my computer. I may have just copy and pasted from the email, but either way I didn't use PB or any other host. They showed up really big and even when you quoted me. IDK. I know where there used to be an Android phone alien I used to see all the time when i was riding to MMI, but that was four years ago. I'm in central FL, there has to be someone in a mascot costume somewhere. Last month we had Lady Liberty hanging around at the tax prep stores.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

A mascot doesn't necessarily have to be a person in a costume. Remember Bob's Big Boy or that steak house with the big cow?
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Been busy, but will see if I can find something to get it rolling.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Bumping this up to hopefully get some interest.

If anyone is interested but hasn't jumped in here, just check out the first post.

I'll give a brief summary.

1) While you're out riding today, look for a mascot, since that's the current tag, and get a pic of said mascot with your bike in the pic.
                  (mascot can be a person or thing representing an event or organization)

2) Keep riding and enjoying the day while looking for a new tag and snap another pic, again with your bike in the pic.

3) Whenever you get a chance, preferably not while riding, post your pic of the current tag claiming your right to choose the new one.

4) Post your pic of the new tag including a brief description of what the tag is.

5) Enjoy watching what others come up with, and repeat.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I'd hate to see this thread die, so...

Another bump. Here's a fresh mascot pic to hopefully motivate someone to find this tag and post something new.

Speaking of mascots, Stator wanted to get in on this one.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Bumping this up to hopefully get some interest.

If anyone is interested but hasn't jumped in here, just check out the first post.

I'll give a brief summary.

1) While you're out riding today, look for a mascot, since that's the current tag, and get a pic of said mascot with your bike in the pic.

2) Keep riding and enjoying the day while looking for a new tag and snap another pic, again with your bike in the pic.

3) Whenever you get a chance, preferably not while riding, post your pic of the current tag claiming your right to choose the new one.

4) Post your pic of the new tag including a brief description of what the tag is.

Roger,
                      Surprized and dissapointed that not much activity here. I did enjoy this game for some time.

But the following was how it proceeded for me:

2) Ride directly home, to get picture posted before someone else does.

3) As soon as get home, get on computer and annoy wife who was waiting for me for some reason.

Doesnt seem that such effort is required any more.
                      Maybe in a few weeks I can get back into it.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                        Roger,
                        Surprized and dissapointed that not much activity here. I did enjoy this game for some time.

But the following was how it proceeded for me:

2) Ride directly home, to get picture posted before someone else does.

3) As soon as get home, get on computer and annoy wife who was waiting for me for some reason.

Doesnt seem that such effort is required any more.
                        Maybe in a few weeks I can get back into it.
                        That seems more of an imposition than a fun game when you say it like that, but that hasn't been my experience at all. In fact, my wife had fun riding with me and finding new tags. On one occasion, we rode 260 miles together, got rained and hailed on in search of the tag at that time. We may never forget that ride.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

It can be a fun game.
                          I have a whole folder of "riding game" photos, that I've gone back to many times for the POW game.

My process was a little different.

1) Decide I am going for a ride, look at maps, get on my gear, warm up bike, pick a camera and lens combo, hop on and go.

2) Realize I didn't check the tag before I left, find somewhere to stop and check it out with my phone. OK - now I have the tag.

3) Ride the roads I planned, watching for the tag, if I find it stop and take 30-40 photos hoping for a good one. If I don't see the tag - DONE.

4) Finish my ride, check to see if the tag is still open, if it is I continue, if not - DONE

5) Spend an hour importing, sorting, rejecting, and selecting a couple goods ones, from my 30-40 photos. Then another hour or so developing the good ones.

6) Check one last time if the tag is still open. If so, post up! If not, better luck next time.

I should try and play more. Although these days I only get out a few times a month.
                          Just really need get in the habit of checking the tag before I go out.
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                          X