Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
    http://www.usedvictoria.com/classifi...Racer_29105590

Freshly built custom XS400 Cafe Racer. Just finished this build, it's got brand new everything, with the exception of the motor. Bike has really low miles, engine/trans run and operate perfect. New tires, brakes, controls, paint, etc. Way too much to list, but I have receipts for everything. One off build, not another bike like it. Turns heads, lots of thumbs up........ likely because of the pink!! Open to offers, no trades please!

Oh yeah that should sell fast
    I have owned a XS400 yamaha and I sure would never buy another one. Guaranteed to make your butt, hands and arms numb up to your elbows in 15 minutes. Unfreakin rideable for anything more than going out to the street to check your mailbox. I would call it the least enjoyable bike I have owned, FAR inferior to my CB350's.
    Last edited by earlfor; 03-25-2017, 02:16 PM.
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
      This looks suspicious to me. Gorgeous bike but the lack of pics and such a vague post makes me think it's probably a bogus post. Looks to me like an 81 1100E but if so, wonder why it's not mentioned??

1980 Suzuki GS Very clean - $1400

Very clean. The paint is a custom job of the original style. Clean title of course! Bike runs real good, fast, and fun. Runs good.
      HEY! almost identical bike near me (it is same pic) LOL, there's a total of about 70 for sale by owners. Odd thing I keep seeing a guy commuting past (going other direction) on a GS , Pretty sure , but has a Vetter fairing so hard to be certain...I was hoping maybe it was seller since it's a small place this time of year.
      Guess not now anyway.
      Only other funny is a "Roller" for $5000 , Hardtail chopper frame , no motor...TOO MUCH to mention...Ad states it has $12,000 in body work on it, and frames similar alone are $3,000...LOL, can I test ride it??? , How fast does it go??? wait it has twelve thousand in work and $3000 frame and how fast does it go??? OH, you have to kick like a kid scooter? Does it go as fast when kicked like a scooter? wait $15, 000, no shock(s) and no motor?
      I'd post a link but still learning to copy stuff on mac and it's a small place here , like everybody knows everybody and has cousins with everybody etc. , different place than I'm used to. Good thing somebody warned me ahead of time. It's sort of nice to actually care about others around , actually majority are Americans too, very odd change from Northern VA / D.C. metro...

Comment

A year or two ago there were a bunch of fake ads for a beautifully restored Suzuki T500. The real bike was sold for something like $8k. The subsequent fake ads were for around $2k.

As with this 1100E, I don’t see the point.

Comment

Here too....
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Wow that thing gets around!

What a wide variety of GS's available around there.

Also a great example of how (not) to gear up for a ride!
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Really. That ad has been up for at least a year. Guess he hasn't moved yet....I was just commenting to my wife the other day, wondering aloud why people would put up pics with their kids in them.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I don't get, how a person sits in this?

For drivers 5'4" or under…
                1981 Custom Built Motorcycles Other

custom motorcycles Tri magnum reverse trike

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I wonder what condition the bike underneath it all is in. That might be a bigger selling point.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                  Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post

Why does that make me think of the movie "Spaceballs"?
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I don't get, how a person sits in this?

I work right down the street from Steger, Il. I half want to go look at this thing, just to see how one DOES sit in it...
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Do it!!!.......

Comment

Get a video of you getting back out of it........

Comment

1971 Honda 750 CB750 ATV - $1400

image 5 of 5

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1971 Honda CB750

engine displacement (CC): 750
                            fuel: gas
                            transmission: manual

Why be boring? This is a fabricated Honda 750 ATV. It runs great. It could also be brought back to stock, as the builder told me the frame was not altered, these were bolt on parts. The engine is a 1976. You could make a bar hopper trike of it I suppose. There is no title, but I will give a bill of sale. I only listen to offers in person. This is posted on many sites. Please include a phone number. If this ad is still up, it is still available, so any inquiries about availability will be deleted. Not interested in any trades.
                            https://youtu.be/NbqVqE_nqqs
                            ∙ ∙ ∙ Tom Witt
                            13.Tri.Tiger.800 13.Suz.Wee-Strom 09.Kaw.KLX250 00.MZ.Skorpion 98.MZ.Baghira 86.Honda.CH250
                            PARTING OUT: Suzuki 77-82.GS750 81.GS550T 85.GS550L 81.GS650GL 82.GS650E 80.82.GS850G

Comment

I actually dont hate that...
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Agreed!!!!
                                I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                                X