No announcement yet.

Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom made bike that has been recently fully tuned by the shop. Bike is ready to go for summer. Here is the short list of what was done:

- Clear title
    - Took the bike down to its bits...
    - media blasted the frame, swingarm, rims, top end, gas tank, front fender
    - re-painted most things black
    - Hagon rear shocks
    - Progressive front springs
    - Custom triple
    - Steel lines
    - Took the dual vented callipers off a '81 GS1000
    - New Mac exhaust
    - Carb rebuild
    - Top end rebuild
    - Brake rebuild
    - Nickel plated caps
    - Wrapped the exhaust
    - Chopped the front fender and subframe
    - Custom made seat pan and seat
    - LED tail lights and signals
    - New headlight, grips, Acewell gauge, mirrors and a bunch of other little things
    - New tires

Speaking of a waste of a good bike.

Comment

That bike belongs to a member here, and he authored a build thread about it.
      Got many comments positive and negative.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        That bike belongs to a member here, and he authored a build thread about it.
        Got many comments positive and negative.

At least it was finished before he sold it.
        Alan

sigpic
        Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
        Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
        Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
        Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

"Awesome Bike" uh...okay? I guess it COULD be, once you put the stuff back on and re-jet it.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

anyone wanna kill themselves?

' have to say, I like this one! -with photos taken outside the church and mileage "666"...quite the Wit!

$5,200 · ..... '73 Triumph Chopper, fully built & bad ass! .....

Report Ad

Make

Triumph Model

Bonneville Year

1973 kms

...Anyone wanna kill themselves?? 1973 Triumph bonneville fully built 750cc Chopper. One-off David Bird hardtail, bottom end totally rebuilt, top end kit, fresh clutch, piles of period correct custom/aftermarket work/parts, tons of time & money into it, extra parts, etc. etc.. etc... Runs/rides like a champ, loud, fast, & hurts your ass!
            (Needs minor finishing) Serious inquires only, no tire kickers or assheads please.. located in Nanaimo $5200⚡️⚡️

Comment

Not the worst hack job we've seen. And he does have a bunch of the OE parts he removed. $1900 is steep, but closer than most "custom" "builders" are... I would be willing to make an offer...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Skunks came in white?

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Here's another GS1000 in L configuration. No title, but looks fairly complete. $400.

Comment

This makes me want to cry....

I think $1 may be too much.

sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Only the pink wheels bother me. Easy to restore it.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                        ' have to say, I like this one! -with photos taken outside the church and mileage "666"...quite the Wit!

$5,200 · ..... '73 Triumph Chopper, fully built & bad ass! .....

Report Ad

Make

Triumph Model

Bonneville Year

1973 kms

...Anyone wanna kill themselves?? 1973 Triumph bonneville fully built 750cc Chopper. One-off David Bird hardtail, bottom end totally rebuilt, top end kit, fresh clutch, piles of period correct custom/aftermarket work/parts, tons of time & money into it, extra parts, etc. etc.. etc... Runs/rides like a champ, loud, fast, & hurts your ass!
                        (Needs minor finishing) Serious inquires only, no tire kickers or assheads please.. located in Nanaimo $5200⚡️⚡️
                        Yeah, I'm thinking this was modded back in the day, before they had collector value. Seem many a Triumph Bonneville chopper, all done back in the 70s-80s.

Comment

Have fun with this one:

1982 gs1100 - $3501 (Buda) hide this posting

image 1 of 3

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1982 suzuki gs1100

condition: new
                          engine displacement (CC): 1100
                          fuel: gas
                          odometer: 25000
                          title status: clean
                          transmission: manual

nada value at 4800, kbb value 3800, yours for only $3500.
                          ran like a champ until december when i parked it
                          does not run right now, just needs carbs cleaned from sitting around for a few months. do it yourseilf or pay mechanic 100 bucks
                          im in buda south of austin. email me. no scams, no trades, cash only.
                          ive got the seat and all that other stuff. title in hand and ready to go.

DO NOT LOWBALL ME!
                          DONT SHOW UP AND TRY TO WAVE 1000 BUCKS IN MY FACE!
                          THIS BIKE IT WORTH EVERY PENNY! LOOK IT UP!

82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                          80 gs1000s

Comment

I did look it up. 2250 retail from a dealer in excellent condition. I like how the crash bar is almost ground through. If somebody waved $1000 in front of his face he should check for hidden cameras. $300 for parts.
                            sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I have 2 today,seen this one yesterday

A collectable classic. Keep as stock with collector plate or cafe it out.
                              Bike does not run but it does turn over. Carbs have been rebuilt.

And today this:
                              http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1974-Honda-cb750-1800--OBO_29532789

Half way through this rebuild, too many projects and would rather it go to someone who will finish it and not just see it sit there. Title in my name and also have keys. Bike does not run right now (and dare I use the usual line "ran before the tear down", I know you heard that one before, but that is the case with this bike). Has a bunch of parts, some good as is some need work and some you might want to replace. It can't be ridden home due to the fact that it's half way put together. Trying to answer any and all questions that have been asked so far. I don't have much spare time to show the bike to anyone and everyone who would want to see it so it would be great that you ask what ever question you may have before trying to see it so no one wastes their time. Thanks and have a good day.

Same price ,neither runs

Comment

$1800 for broken stuff? Man, I'd talk anybody's head off too, if they would take my trash out for 1800! It must be the realty bubble down there in Vic...maybe it makes these piles of dead motoriffic stuff for the equivalent of a month's rent thereabouts seem reasonable...

but it's Too bad about the triple Yamaha-I have a soft spot for them. but better bikes languish at that $. If it was running, I could see it, but I am thinking Must be Something Serious...sure it looks pretty good ( as so many do in pictures)-it's got new tires too.On the other hand that seat would have to go....

Comment

Working...
                                X