Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man here's another good one!

1982 cb750 - $2100 (South Austin /Manchaca, stassney) < >

1982 Honda cb750 odometer: 16000 paint color : blue fuel : gas transmission : manual

If you just ask "is this bike still available", or something extremely basic, I'm going to assume you're a spam bot, and delete your post. In the subject line write your favorite color. I have for sale a 1982 Honda cb750 with only 16xxx original miles on it. Starts up and runs great. Could use a carb clean, it's a little rough on cold starts. Starts right up in the summer time. Brand new tires, front and back. Has a custom diamond plated steel seat. Needs a new ignition switch which is super cheap, and easy to replace. I picked up 3 other bikes over the winter time, so I haven't been riding this one as much. It's a super fun little bike though. Inline 4cyl. I am in no rush to sell it, so no low ballers. Feel free to ask any questions. I live in South Austin off of stassney, and Manchaca.

Comment

I guess diamond plate is expensive?
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

How could he have possibly thought that was a good idea...

Comment

Maybe Mercedes Benz will catch the wave and start putting diamond plate seats in their most creative designs cause that's what every a$$ will yearn to sit on.
          sigpic
          1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
          1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
          1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
          On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
          All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Mebe his Tec skewl welding class project?

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
              I guess diamond plate is expensive?
              It was probably left over from reupholstering his couch.
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

^^^^^Bahaha!

But guys, it's custom.

My back and a** hurts just looking at it!
                Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

That's what you'd call a sport tourer. For real long-range touring, you'd need another layer of diamond plate.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Puts new meaning into "Iron Butt".

Comment

Im shocked he didnt cut off the exhaust.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Probably just didn't around to it. He has three other bikes to mutilate too.

Comment

Only masochists (and not spam-bot masochists) need apply.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                            This one has been kicking around for a bit

I give up!!
                            .....I can no longer control this BEAST!!

I've put waaaaay too much money into this Beast:

1. "Rare" XV920 Chain (Yamaha)
                            2. Set in a Kawasaki Frame
                            3. Suzuki Rear End
                            4. FZ1000 Front
                            5. Rare "Race" Magnesium Rims
                            6. Wrapped Corvette Exhaust
                            7. V-Twin with Slider Carbs
                            8. Customized Pistons
                            9. Street Fighter Look
                            10. New tires
                            ....When she ran (I've only have about 30 miles on rebuild)....she ran (VERY Loud)...and (VERY fast).

KEY: I just can't keep her going....I'm done!

Will consider trade for newer V-Twin Buell

When she was running, I was going to sell her for $15k

Will consider serious offers

Lots of (extra) parts and GP "vintage" racing plastics (no headlight)....race only!!

No title. BOS and build (photo) docs to prove build....hundreds of photos!

Sorry, I'm at work, so no photo posting

BTW, in OR, need a title or you're screwed

Funny update on this bike. It appears to be an old race bike that a friend of mine put together back in the early 90s. He wanted a Battle of the Twins bike, but couldn't afford a Ducati, so he found a motor, chassis and suspension and put them together and raced it successfully. The current owner turned it into "whatever the heck that is". So, my friend is considering buying it back, but not for $15k. Someone who knows the current owner has chimed in, saying it does have a title now.
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

920 Virago was one of the biggest piece of crap motorcycles ever built. Notorious for eating starter clutches. Slugs they are, not collectible, not worth 1/5 of what he's asking.
                              Last edited by 83GS1100E_Tornado; 04-03-2015, 09:17 AM.
                              Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                              87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                              99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                              15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                                That's what you'd call a sport tourer. For real long-range touring, you'd need another layer of diamond plate.
                                But it looks as soft as most Corbins,I have had.

Comment

Working...
                                X