Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly done before,what do you carry for tools??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't carry a tool kit because my bikes don't break down I have a co2 bottle where the tool kit goes
    My stable
    84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
    85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
    88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
    98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
    90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
    06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
    00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Just the essentials......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

I have the factory tool kit on mine along with a spare relay for my coil relay. If I get a flat I would just find a gas station and get a can of fix a flat. Done it before works fine. I had a car with several tires filled with it and drove it for years

Comment

I carried a decent set of tools in my fork bag.
          wrenches, hex keys, mechanics wire, rtv, automitive goop, zip ties, fuses and connectors, vice grips, couple kinds of tape, tire repair kit, tiny little air pump and usually a multi meter. A few other odds and ends too because I'm often a few hundred kilometers from civilization or help of some kind.

Lucky for me though I haven't broken down yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
            I have the factory tool kit on mine along with a spare relay for my coil relay. If I get a flat I would just find a gas station and get a can of fix a flat. Done it before works fine. I had a car with several tires filled with it and drove it for years
            Since I found this, leaves me more room in my tool bag, don't have to carry any tire plugs etc now. http://www.ride-on.com/tire-sealant-2.html
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Its good stuff that tyre sealant slime, I run it in all my bikes. Sure saves your day!

On the road I carry basic screwdrivers and wrenches plus fuses, wire, clipties, rubber bands and duct tape. Generally a sparkplug tool and spare plug too.

If it is a longer trip I add a litre of oil to that mix as well as a small handpump/CO2 inflator combo and spare battery.

On the occasion that I am picking up a bike to ride home without seeing it first I take my general kit plus the following:

1: Fresh fluids (4 litres 10W-40 Diesel oil, Dot 4 brake fluid, 75W-90 gear oil)
              2: Fresh filters (oil and air)
              3: Emergency battery (12.6v 2.2Ah Lithium Polymer)
              4: 1/2" and 1/4" driver sets (6mm through 21mm plus extensions)
              5: Assorted screwdrivers
              6: Spark plugs
              7: Fuses
              8: Spare wire + heatshrink
              9: Rags & degreaser.
              10: Adjustable wrench

Anything there will get you out of most roadside trouble, and if its so bad that you need to strip the thing down to its core to get at it... then chances are you need a workshop and a spare part or two, anyway! I'm quite fond of servicing my newly acquired bikes before I ride them home so they have the best chance of getting us both there on time.

On one occasion I blew a reg/rec in my VTR and had to rely on a battery pack made from two 6v lantern batteries to power my ignition until I got home. Remember to unplug the headlamp on your bike if it cannot be turned off, though, or you'll only get another few miles.

Cheers - boingk

Comment

Working...
              X