This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

This is sad news. My prayers are with the family.

May everyone have a safe, healthy, and happy 2011.

Cliff

Comment

Sad news indeed.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Frank,

Might I humbly suggest that, as was done last year to honor other lost GSR comrades, we officially rename one of the southeastern rallies in Dan's honor, perhaps the one you were supposed to get together at? I suspect he (and Gale) would enjoy that, especially since riding was one of the things they both took such joy in, from what I've read and heard...

Regards,

Comment

My condolences also...

Comment

Sad news indeed. Prayers sent...

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
              Frank,

Might I humbly suggest that, as was done last year to honor other lost GSR comrades, we officially rename one of the southeastern rallies in Dan's honor, perhaps the one you were supposed to get together at? I suspect he (and Gale) would enjoy that, especially since riding was one of the things they both took such joy in, from what I've read and heard...

Regards,
              This would be up to either Don Pepe who is having the West Virginia ride next summer (in Dan's home state) or Adam who is hosting (tentatively at this point) the Southeastern rally. I will humbly request that we leave that up to the rally owners as to whether they choose to rename their rallies or not. I will definitely see about asking Gale to attend if a renaming does take place however.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                Frank,

Regards,
                Originally posted by administrator View Post
                This would be up to either Don Pepe who is having the West Virginia ride next summer (in Dan's home state) or Adam who is hosting (tentatively at this point) the Southeastern rally. I will humbly request that we leave that up to the rally owners as to whether they choose to rename their rallies or not. I will definitely see about asking Gale to attend if a renaming does take place however.

Frank
                That certainly sounds reasonable...

Peace, Brother - We're all due for some!

Comment

Sorry to hear this, My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
                  sigpic

1979 GS1000E
                  1982 GS1100GL
                  2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear of Dan's passing. Gone too soon.

Earl
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Frank, I am truly sorry to hear of this.
                      Losing a close friend is very difficult. Please accept my condolences and be assured your request for a prayer will be met.

This is a loss for all of us as Dan has long been a part of the life of everyone on the GSR. Even though many never knew Dan, he will surely be missed.
                      "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

So sad, to die while your just eating dinner when only a couple of months prior miracleously surviving a terrible bus accident.

Frank, I'm sorry for your loss of a close friend.

I'm for one am in favor of a memorium page. I would give us a lasting place to honor and visit or fellow departed GS members.
                        sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Sorry to hear of Dan's passing, my heartfelt thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Comment

My heartfelt condolences and best wishes

Comment

Lets all collectively pray in whatever way each omne does that the need to elimate this thread comes..Hope all have a sfae upcoming season.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Frank I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. Sending prayers.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X