Mothers day ride, Buffalo and twisty roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mothers day ride, Buffalo and twisty roads

My Mother has been gone for several years now so after my kids all checked in with their mother this morning I went for a ride. I headed across Kentucky Lake and headed South on "The Trace" which is the North-South corridor of the Land Between the Lakes National recreation area. The sun was out, the sky was blue, just about a perfect day. The Buffalo were feeling especially photogenic today.

This guy walked right up to the fence and posed for the camera.

Then this couple drove up in this Splendid 63 Vette

After I left the Buffalo I stopped at one of the many old Iron furnaces found in the LBL.

I went on out the South end of the LBL to Tennessee 232 for some corner carving fun.

It was early afternoon and I was ready for a break so I headed home via the backroads of Northwest Tennessee. I didn't set the Odometer but something like 125 miles on the day. A fine day it has been!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Seems like yesterday you were laid up with apprehensions about riding again.

Guess NOT !! Nice photos.
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Sounds like you had a great day, glad your able to get out and ride.
      sigpic

1979 GS1000E
      1982 GS1100GL
      2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Great pictures. Sounds like a really good day.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

LOve the pics. I was at that very same spot last summer probably looking at the same Bison. Didn't see the vette though.

Later that trip I went over the handle bars of my bicycle and seperated my shoulder, so I also made an unscheduled trip to Paducah to the hospital. I showed my three kids why you should always wear a helmet while riding a bike

I told my wife LBL and surrounding area would be fun on a motorcycle (I didn't own one then). I'll have to take the motorcycle next time we camp there.

Comment

No camping there right now due to record lake levels. All side roads off The Trace have barricades until the water recedes.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Good to get out....nice pics. How are you liking that SV650? Didn't you used to have the GSX1100G? Much lighter and more nimble now?

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                Good to get out....nice pics. How are you liking that SV650? Didn't you used to have the GSX1100G? Much lighter and more nimble now?
                I like it a lot, losing 200 pounds of motorcycle makes the twisty stuff much more enjoyable.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                X