Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meticulous Motorcycle Painting by Larry Pearson-Outstanding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meticulous Motorcycle Painting by Larry Pearson-Outstanding!

We have a member on this forum who is an outstanding painter. His name is Larry Pearson and he goes by nvr2old on the forum. His business is named Meticulous Motorcycle Painting. Several members of the forum have had bikes painted by Larry and there are quite a few glowing reviews of his work but I wanted to give him some good press here in the Parts and Services section.

Here is Larry's bio from his website:

Hi, I'm Larry, and I'm a classic bike, FREAK. I'm not only a painter, but an enthusiast, too. I live in Spokane, WA and for over 35 years I've been riding, racing, restoring, living and loving motorcycles. Making them beautiful, is just a bonus. Even though Japanese bikes are my forte'.. nothing is off limits. I'll gladly paint American, British, Italian, and European bikes with the same passion and quality. Contemporary paint jobs and repairs are also more than welcome.
    I've won Best in Class with every bike I've ever shown over the course of three decades. My 1976 Honda CB550F Super Sport has been featured as an "American Flyer" in Cycle World Magazine. It was also part of Cycle World's display at their International Motorcycle show in Seattle, and, undoubtedly my proudest moment, placed in the prestigious Legend of the Motorcycle show at Half Moon Bay, south of San Francisco in 2008. Just being invited was a great honor, but to ride up to the podium was a dream come true. My 1979 Suzuki GS1000S was featured in issue #2 of Moto Retro Illustrated magazine. Editor, Mitch Boehm, likes it so much, that I'll do a clone for him, plus I recently finished a project bike for one of his writers, Dexter Ford. A 1982 Kawasaki GPz 550. Look for the final results in an upcoming issue. I'm really excited about the GS being featured in the December 2010 issue of Cycle World.
    Lots of people can paint, but you can always expect a show-quality, concours paint job, so much of which is in the prep and the finish work. If just "good enough" is not in your vocabulary, and you want a bike that truly stands out in a crowd, then by all means, you need Meticulous Motorcycle Paint. Thanks for looking!

Check out the gallery on his website for some examples of his work. Also check these threads for more examples:

My '83 1100E

Chuck's Skunk

Bruce's Cooley

Larry's Cooley-all paint, no decals!

Now that we have established that he knows how to paint I'd like to comment on the rest of my paint experience. From my first phone conversation with Larry it was clear that he is 100% passionate about his work. Besides knowing how to paint he is very helpful with picking colors and schemes. He always had time to answer any questions I had and was willing to offer his opinions regarding any design thoughts I had. He was always available by both phone and email. He kept me posted on the progress of the project and sent pics as it progressed. Our conversations usually wandered outside of the realm of the paint job to classic bikes, superbike racing, and even dogs. (Larry is a dog lover and that alone says a lot about him to me).

So, besides being a supremely talented painter, Larry is also a fantastic guy. I truly enjoyed every minute spent dealing with him during my project. If I ever need any painting done he will be the first and only person I will contact. I look froward to the opportunity to work with him again. The satisfaction I got when I opened the box containing my body work was well worth every penny spent.

Thank you Larry!

Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

+1. Cool guy. Easy to work with. Very helpful. I'm 100% satisfied.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I am glad he has been brought up here, I see his work and it is really outstanding. I will be giving him a call when it is time to get my XS2 done, (funds available)

Comment

Thanks guys..seriously..I'm flattered by your comments, and humbled by the response and support of the members of this site. It's been a pleasure working with all of you.

Larry
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

As you can see from the pictures of my 78 1000 E project, Larry is the Picaso of classic bike painting. Hands down one of the nicest guys i have dealt with. We talked over every detail and he kept me informed as to wjhat was happening and if any snags were encountered. If you want a class job and class service then i strongly recommend you give him a PM. remember the fatefull words..You get what you pay for...and youll get every dime worth from him.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Contacted Larry & am in the process of shipping the body work from my 79 1000S to him. Looking forward to seeing the results. Appreciate your comments re Larry, sure swayed me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1000SMike View Post
              Contacted Larry & am in the process of shipping the body work from my 79 1000S to him. Looking forward to seeing the results. Appreciate your comments re Larry, sure swayed me.
              Mike,

Larry is putting the finishing touches on my body work.

Let's see some pictures of your S!

Comment

Larry do you still perform this work?

Comment

Working...
                X