Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Connections..so far, so good.

Hey Everbody,

Ordered some electrical connections from www.vintageconnections.com today.

About 15 mins after paypal receipt hit my email, I got a shipping notice from Vintage Connections!! I'll add more info when the kit arrives and I have a chance to inspect....
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

I highly recommend the business. Their stuff is as close to OE as one can get. I even found silver cable sheathing for my T500, which is extremely hard to find. Pricing was pretty good, too.

Comment

Got the kit yesterday, and used it today. Very nice kit! The crimping tool is GREAT! Definitely a BIG thumbs up for Vintage Connections
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Just got my kit. Ordered Tuesday, shipped the same day and arrived Friday. The kit comes with some "Practice Terminals" that are made of inferior brass and manufactured in China to practice using the tool with which is nice. The difference in quality is VERY apparent. Here are my practice crimps:

The middle wire is the Vintage Connections terminal while the outer two are the "practice" terminals. With the thinner gauge wire, I kind of mushed end of the inferior terminal so maybe it's not the most fair comparison, but the VC one (middle) is much cleaner and very solid. I know I need to strip less housing off the wire since the strands are poking through too much but I'm super excited to clean up some wiring on my GS.

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550
        1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Working...
        X