Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'81 GS550T ignition replica for a few euro !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kokar and friends, i am sorry to have this hunt you back after all this years but i am trying to save my bike therefore attempting this project , could i get a valid access to the ".lay file also the LED schematic?"

Comment

Here's a link to a copy of the original .pdf of the Suzuki ignitor repair...
      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I used the info in the last pages to build an HEI ignitor, with good results.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Thank you Grimly , but am looking to construct Kokar's. Anyone with the.LAY file "Laying" around

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          Here's a link to a copy of the original .pdf of the Suzuki ignitor repair...
          MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

I used the info in the last pages to build an HEI ignitor, with good results.
          hello
          this is not the same igniter

Comment

Hi kokar ,

i copied all the images from your facebook, which seemed easier than joining a greecian , forum using google tranlate hehe .

ive spent the last day going through components to get equivalents for the pcb from jaycar electronics and ebay.

The hardest thing is matching the components and what is ok to uprate more and what isnt .

my limited understanding of electronics is that its ok withe the capacitors and the transistors but the resistors have to be exact.

has the ignitor proven to be more reliable than the stock one.

Also is the pcb an exact replica can the original be used if recycled ok.

cheers

David

Comment

gs550 schematic.jpg

Hi Guys , can some one please tell me what the xp01 circled in red is on this schematic .

Also does anyone have the file for the pcb software .

cheers

David
              Last edited by Guest; 03-30-2017, 11:29 PM. Reason: forgot to add picture

Comment

Originally posted by dmctechnical View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]50362[/ATTACH]

Hi Guys , can some one please tell me what the xp01 circled in red is on this schematic .

Also does anyone have the file for the pcb software .

cheers

David
                Just looking at it (the resolution is pretty low), it appears to be a transistor. I think a PNP type, but I can't remember which is which.

Comment

Thats ok mate thanks anyway

Comment

That is a function generator to simulate the signal from the crankshaft pickup. The software is NI Multisim.
                    Attached Files
                    1982 Suzuki GS450TZ
                    1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ

Comment

Thanks Thumper88,

you wouldn't know how to bench test the ignitor once made other than fitting to the bike ?

Comment

still no joy , its not overheating , ive gone through and checked everything a few times . hooks up , power in all the right places .

still no spark ????

Comment

Working...
                        X