Nice! Snow huh?
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Snow, ha! It was just a teaser storm that rolled through last weekend. The mountains got what must have been a few inches while parts of the city got a mere dusting.

Albuquerque seems to have a dome over it protecting us from extreme weather but every once in a while it actually snows here. Twelve years ago we got well over a foot in one 24 hour period and it kept coming totaling over two feet in some areas, give or take. Sounds like nothing compared to other places but for Albuquerque it was devastating. The town basically shut down for a week. Roofs were collapsing and some gas station canopies fell down. That may have been a once in a lifetime thing here though.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

And yet, just a few miles east and a mile higher, is the Sandia Ski Resort.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yeah the ski resort is struggling this year. In fact I think they closed down. Here's the current web cam image.

Snow Report Closed for the 2021-2022 season. SNOWFALL0"12 HOURS0"24 HOURS0"48 HOURS0"LAST 7 DAYS0"STORM TOTAL-"BASESKI AREAALERTTram Open Wed – Mon, TEN 3 Open Thurs – MonWelcome to Sandia Peak Tramway! Please purchase your Tram tickets before arriving. TEN 3 is open Thurs-Mon, 11am - 7:30pm. Visit ten3tram.com for additional info about the restaurant. If you have

Deleted live feed cam image
          Last edited by Burque73; 01-27-2018, 10:51 PM.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Skied there back in my late 20s or early 30s. Considered it amusing that on the way to the slopes I drove past kids in Albuquerque in shorts having fun.

Comment

Not too often does one get to ride on two weekends in a row during January in NH! Took the only bike I have now out for an hour spin today. Stopped by the marsh which is still frozen solid for a pic. The ZR-7 reminds me of the SV650 I had a few years ago. Naked, quick and easy to ride for these occasions.

[IMG][/IMG]
              Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

1978 GS 1000 (pods, V&H 4 to 1, Dyna S, Dyna coils, stage 3 jet kit, Progressive springs, relay mod, 530 chain, Honda regulator, clutch basket welded and shimmed)
                1970 Honda C70

Comment

Took the ole 850G out from under its cover, where it's been since late October. Put the battery back in (I had it stored indoors where it's warm), pushed the start button, and after about 5 seconds of cranking, it fired right up. It took the #3 cylinder about a minute to start firing (I still haven't figured that one out), but then it purred like a kitten. Didn't go for much of a ride; only a couple times around the block and one short trip through part of the U of M campus, but it was nice to ride anyway. The clutch doesn't seem to be disengaging the engine from the transmission completely though; I'll have to troubleshoot that when it warms up a bit more. No pictures though. Sorry.

Comment

Another couple hundred miles for the thumper today. I really thought it would warm up more, oh well. I stopped for gas in San Ysidro and used the hot air dryer in the restroom to warm my hands. I also put my gloves under it to give a little extra heat, if only for a few minutes. Sure was nice while it lasted.

Anyway, a nice clear day for riding in the desert. I don't know what it is about this volcano that has fascinated me for decades.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      Another couple hundred miles for the thumper today. I really thought it would warm up more, oh well. I stopped for gas in San Ysidro and used the hot air dryer in the restroom to warm my hands. I also put my gloves under it to give a little extra heat, if only for a few minutes. Sure was nice while it lasted.

Anyway, a nice clear day for riding in the desert. I don't know what it is about this volcano that has fascinated me for decades.

I was down at the four corners a few months back, and that reminds of Shiprock, the way it just juts out of the flats. The KLR is the perfect bike for that stuff! Do you like that aftermarket seat?
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Damn roger you have to stop posting those cool pix of your rides on the KLR because I am getting a serious jones for a DR650, KLR or other adventure bike!!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                          I was down at the four corners a few months back, and that reminds of Shiprock, the way it just juts out of the flats. The KLR is the perfect bike for that stuff! Do you like that aftermarket seat?
                          I have driven by Shiprock many times but never explored there. A climber fell to his death in the 1970's and I think the area is closed off but from a distance it sure looks cool! Cabezon just reminds me of Close Encounters Of The 3rd Kind. Remember the obsession that Richard Dreyfuss character developed. Maybe since I was only four years old it left a lasting impression.

The seat is terribly uncomfortable for long rides. Like plywood wrapped with vinyl. It has a lower profile which is nice for a short guy on a tall bike. Also, it's slippery enough to scoot around when I need to so I like it for those reasons. Just imagine putting a seat on this thing and then rev it to 6500 RPM's.

The stock seat is real comfy and in great shape. I use it occasionally.

Originally posted by Boriqua View Post
                          Damn roger you have to stop posting those cool pix of your rides on the KLR because I am getting a serious jones for a DR650, KLR or other adventure bike!!
                          That's how I felt with other member's posts, LOL. From time to time Tkent02, AZR, Trevor, MarvinSC, Bwringer, to name a few, would post their adventures and looked like so much fun.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

35degF and dry roads this afternoon AND sun might come out for a few minutes every once in a while hey hey pretty good for Michigan in January.

Got out for about hour and a half.

Went into town for a while. Stopped to look at the 1223 engine for a bit. Hey, this could be a roadside attraction.
                            THis engine is same as the one in Polar Express. The coal tipple (large tower structure) is one of the few remaining anywhere.

Took a somewhat interesting road out of town, rode a while and then stopped at this boat ramp.
                            Did not ride up on the docks this time.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I unfortunately put 5 miles on tops this weekend. We had family over which was GREAT but it cut into a good weekend for riding.

I also tied up half my day wheeling, dealing and hauling (going for a ride) to get my ole' B-12 back.

Totally a unique situation for I was looking to unload the RD200 (Which I acquired for wicked cheap) and the remainder of parts off the GS1100E (which yielded to be a good investment return before this trade). So after talking to the PO and offering $400 to sweeten the pot I re-acquired my B-12:

The PO I acquired her through traded from the guy I sold it too.

Apparently the guy the PO acquired my B-12 from claimed to be the 2nd owner... It came with a parts speedo (which was the original and I reinstalled it).
                              Also the bike has had the air-box reinstalled and did the carbs to match. The bike is very smooth (but less gumption) than when I sold it. Still very quick, no intention to go back to pods... I plan to run her as such until it seizes... Which likely won't happen.

Only a few thousand more than when I had it.

My "ride" back.:

So for about a net total of $50 out of pocket after all was said and done... I got my B-12 back and eliminated a parts bike (cleaned up the yard) and a project bike for a reliable runner that I have allot of history with.

Bike runs great but will need tires, fork seals and I'll be going through valve adjustments. I intend to run it until the engine just won't run anymore... Guessing despite mileage it will still run just fine.

Good weekend here in VT on the MC front.
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 01-29-2018, 08:17 AM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                ........................................ to get my ole' B-12 back.
                                Hey. Good.
                                And you were approaching your your limit of 6 months without getting an other bike. haa haa

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X