No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early spring, 100 mile ride on the Tuxman SCR250!

Took some of my favorite back roads!

Very sloppy, Mud season is in full swing up here!

The 700's do pretty great on this stuff!!!

Clean and dirty....

Momma Connie keeping her eye on the little one!

The map of my route. Nice to easily and comfortably rack some muddy miles today on the TUX!

I will likely grab the 705's sooner vs later, I like the knobby 700's but they aren't lasting worth crap....

Maybe I should stop burning out
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Early spring, 100 mile ride on the Tuxman SCR250!

Took some of my favorite back roads!

Very sloppy, Mud season is in full swing up here!

The 700's do pretty great on this stuff!!!

Clean and dirty....

Momma Connie keeping her eye on the little one!

The map of my route. Nice to easily and comfortably rack some muddy miles today on the TUX!

I will likely grab the 705's sooner vs later, I like the knobby 700's but they aren't lasting worth crap....

Maybe I should stop burning out
      ^^^^Cool Pics recently!
      I just went for very short ride today, wish I had gotten a pic when the rain drizzle first started, HUGE lightning bolt ahead , so rolled around block. (would've been a cool pic).
      Seemed like a chain reaction all the other loud bikes running around the residential streets just as rain began (maybe racing to get in before rain(?))

Unseasonably warm and sunny, great. had kids alone so had to wait. cooked on BBQ (Figured one last use before scrapping it, didn't have the heart to disassemble it...) until couldn't take it any longer, felt need to work the brakes, rotate the clutch whatever...everything good as before winter (My GSX1100G).

Getting ready to head down to Outer Banks, NC for new job/ hopefully better life basically...
      Read that vehicles 35 years or older are EXEMPT from state inspection and emissions(In NC).
      Huge coincedence the Mercedes I'm picking up is an '82 , needs door/window motor put back, defog blower and turn signal works manually (LOL, as in click the lever by hand)...No prob./rush looks like now !
      (Once seller uncovers the title, URGH!)

Crazy how I've gotten used to riding across the grass, around trees, down curb etc. on the large 1100, no problem really. Seems odd, Easy like a bicycle or a horse off-road ,IDK.
      Fork seal leaked too much to ignore on one side so trying to study up...Planning on bringing bike with me on trip down/ ...
      Been taking a break from trying to sort out/pack my precious junk, planning trip.
      Looks like there's a bike week AND a bike show in OBX. the main one is Harley's, run by the Harley Dealer BUT the "metric" trophy looks like went to a Suzuki last year...Hoping maybe I'll be able to announce a date and location, for anybody interested, IF it looks any good this year ...things are still uncertain for me at this point still.
      Mssg. too long (again)...
      Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Justin, that little 250 is awesome!

The headlight was from Chaparral, if I recall. I want a train light in the future, I think. Not sure yet.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          Justin, that little 250 is awesome!

The headlight was from Chaparral, if I recall. I want a train light in the future, I think. Not sure yet.
          Thanks! On both statements!

Looks like a TU250X stock headlight, why I was curious.

I mean I am always open to trades
          (Kidding I love my TUX too much)
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            LOL. I rode 3 miles today, but oh my, does the bike look good now ...
            Ahhh, finally broke that 3 mile hurdle did we? Hang in there, you can likely break the 4 barrier by this time next year with a little determination and hard work. LMAO
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

unseasonably warm the other day. seems to be a trend these days. my first ride this year. me and the ugly went to the electrical supply store and then to letchworth park.

they're building a new railroad bridge to replace the old iron trestle from the 1800's. you can see some of the machinery about half way down the cliff. i need get closer and see how they did that. didn't have time.

the river was going pretty good from a very hard rain and lots of snow melt.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Good to see the Ugly is awake and out grabbing more miles... That thing is a Fing Tank!!!! Love it!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

GAG, wind is howling here and the dust OMG. Hate this time of year here.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Took the only Suzuki I have out. The DR. But worth the work.

Dug her out of the barn and took her for a short ride. Come on spring.
                    About a total of 91" this year, about ready for some mud
                    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                    2000 Kawasaki Concours
                    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

That's pretty sad indeed when you have to dig snow to get your bike out. Great pics though.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        That's pretty sad indeed when you have to dig snow to get your bike out. Great pics though.
                        Ha! That would have been you on Monday!
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          Ha! That would have been you on Monday!
                          Yes....but not Tuesday. Lol
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Yes....but not Tuesday. Lol
                            Ain't living here great!
                            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

A short ride down south turned into, well not so short. I intended to go to Belen about 40 miles south but missed the exit and the next, and the next hahaha. Wound up in San Antonio, NM not TX. I saw my gas gauge needle go passed the red mark and approach the E. Not a comforting feeling but now at least I know I can get over 200 miles per tank.

Back in town and stopped for some lunch. Sonic drive in, yum!

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

omg that 850 is pretty ^^ but the helmet.....
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X