anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
    Nice ride, Dave. I'd love to have a bike with a sidecar in next couple of years so I can take my daughter out on rides. She's a little young yet, she'll only be 2 in August. But in a couple of years...

I went out for a quick ride yesterday to see how she's running after valve adjustment and carb sync. Pulled well throughout the RPM range. Previously, she had a flat spot in the higher RPMs. Pay no mind to the temporary seat. Still waiting on the completion of the new cover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50245[/ATTACH]
    I can verify that Triumph was NOT happy hauling around my 2XX pounds last year when Dave picked me up at the ferry. The frame on the sidecar may have bent....

It was a great experience. Everyone should do it once. I said that before I jumped out of a plane at 2500 feet too....
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

A brief period of 55 and sunny today, rode the 850 in traffic to a job to verify the new clutch plates fixed the slip at 6k. They did. Also noticed it only runs on 3 cylinders below 4k so digging the Ethanol corrosion deposits out of the pilot jets is in my near future. Have a double dose of Sta-Bil blue in the tank, ran OK a month ago. Ethanol sucks....
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
        Have a double dose of Sta-Bil blue in the tank, ran OK a month ago. Ethanol sucks....
        Have any faith in Seafoam ?
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
          I can verify that Triumph was NOT happy hauling around my 2XX pounds last year when Dave picked me up at the ferry. The frame on the sidecar may have bent....

It was a great experience. Everyone should do it once. I said that before I jumped out of a plane at 2500 feet too....
          LOL! I think the Indian steel held up pretty good considering!
          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
            Thanks... would need the proper starting point, though. The GS is not really configured for something like this. Maybe the CX?
            Anything with tubular framerails is a breeze to mount a chair on. A GS1100E was my first thought when I was in the planning stages but then I decided I wanted something more classically elegant in styling, and more modern for reliability. The 2013 Bonneville ticked both of those boxes and makes for an incredibly pretty and functional hack.

And now that I've been riding the thing for well over three years, I can say that the 100+hp of the GS1100 would have been serious overkill. The 65hp Triumph is scary enough!
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Dave you ever go on long hauls with the side car? I've always thought about it... I bet a GS650G would make a good tug.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Dave you ever go on long hauls with the side car? I've always thought about it... I bet a GS650G would make a good tug.
                Not yet but then I don't really do long hauls with anything, including my truck! My life seems to dictate that I stay close to home... might be the having a young child thing.
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Ahh... Well at least you still get out and ride Dave!!!

I did ride today... Upper 30's by the time I got home but managed to get my first 1K miles on the TUX. Brisk but dang was it fun!!! Really needed it these last couple of days! 30 miles just a quick one...

Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went to Indian Falls

Still snow on the ground,but it got up to 49 today so I was able to get the 850 out for a spin! Stopped at a popular place known as Indian falls for lunch. Could not get the falls in the pic ,but got a little of the stream up above. Calling for 20's tomorrow! Put the bike back to bed for now. BUMMER!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by davegs850; 03-21-2017, 08:40 PM.
                    83 gs850
                    07 vtx1300c

Comment

Pretty good food there. And reasonable price beer. I think a kid fell over the falls last year and got himself killed there.
                      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                      82 gs1100L probably the next project
                      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Got the fairing back from the painter today...he wants it back to tidy it up some more...went for a quick spin...Loving this bike!

Old and new....like mine better.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Old and new....like mine better.

The old BMW dealer looks better somehow... classier... sportier... Suzukier!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I went out today for my birthday...

... I'm not handicapped so I guess I'm just... old.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Dave, happy birthday!
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                                The old BMW dealer looks better somehow... classier... sportier... Suzukier!
                                I agree Dave
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X