No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that oil light is a bit disconcerting....
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Oil light on at 1800 RPM?
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
        The bike is idling too high, it's in gear with the kick stand down and there is no oil in it! For god's sake, get that bike back to Japan into the hands of someone who will take care of it!
        Hahaha! My tachometer is broke. The needle kind of just floats around. It's funny cause when I'm cruising at about 4,000 rpm's it will read about 4,000 rpm's. It's like a harmonic thing going on.
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Hahaha! My tachometer is broke. The needle kind of just floats around. It's funny cause when I'm cruising at about 4,000 rpm's it will read about 4,000 rpm's. It's like a harmonic thing going on.
          Ah, so engine is off, and really is low oil pressure (which also lights the s/stand light). And apparently have key on just to light the lights to confuse us that engine is running. That was tricky.

And it is mid morning facing west or southwest, or it is mid afternoon facing north or northwest. (assuming Ohio, recently).

Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2017, 12:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Day off. Chance of showers (up to 51% like twice) but went for a cruise anyway. Huntington WV to Gallipolis OH on OH Highway 7, back on WV 2, with some back roads thrown in for fun. About a hundred miles. I saw gas for $2.14. Got one gallon

Behind me, the Mighty Ohio River:
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

It's a bit tricky getting gloves off, pulling out the camera, and taking a pic all while squeezing the clutch lever. Storm64, you're a talented guy!
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                Is she enjoying it more each ride?
                She is and my smile gets a bit bigger too as I watch her in my mirrors
                sigpic
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I headed out for a short sixty mile or so ride tonight, a much needed ride at that! Staying close to town I went through the Northeast and Northwest quadrants and stopped at Balloon Fiesta Park. Albuquerque has been hot air balloonist's haven since the 1970's. Here's a bronze Gondola with the founder of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

Riding on to the West into Corrales there's farm land, horses, and plenty of super old buildings. Here's one that caught my eye. Not sure of it's age but a neat looking Pueblo style building.

Lots of the buildings in this area are made of Adobe bricks. Here is a wall that has some exposed adobe.

I headed through Corrales into Rio Rancho then Bernalillo before turning back toward Albuquerque. Pretty uneventful but very nice to get out for a while. As I was getting up to freeway speed, I hit something that looked like a bat or a small bird with the windjammer. Made quite a mess and I am very glad to have the protection. Judging by the color of it's internals left behind it was probably just a large moth. Think I'll spare you the image of that.

Something funny occurred to me this evening. When our kids were little we'd say ok, go out and play but stay on the street. As they got older, maybe the block, then when they drove cars the city limits. As I headed out I told my wife, I'm going for a ride but don't worry, I'll stay in New Mexico.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    I've had that problem with that bike before, really weird. If I can remember correctly there is a crimp at the end of the cable that feeds into the engine. The crimp loosened enough for the cable to unscrew itself enough to swing wild at high rpms, but it would work normally at low rpms. I recrimped that piece on securely and shot WD-40 up into the tach hole and added graphite on the cable. That was some years ago.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                      I've had that problem with that bike before, really weird. If I can remember correctly there is a crimp at the end of the cable that feeds into the engine. The crimp loosened enough for the cable to unscrew itself enough to swing wild at high rpms, but it would work normally at low rpms. I recrimped that piece on securely and shot WD-40 up into the tach hole and added graphite on the cable. That was some years ago.
                      So good to hear from you Steve!

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        So good to hear from you Steve!

Ed

Thanks! Hard to believe someone still remembers me, but I check in every now and then to see what's up.
                        sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Thanks! Hard to believe someone still remembers me, but I check in every now and then to see what's up.
                          Steve, how's life on the other side of the Equator? Good to see your still around. I was thinking about how things were going for you down there.
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Well Steve that picture I posted was my 850g. The tacho on your 1000 works great. Right now I'm preparing the 1000 for a 5,000 mile road trip I have planned. Also wait till you see the new wheels that are going on it. I think you'll like it. Don't be such a stranger check in more often. Also post some pictures, we all like pretty women. ☺
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

No work today and was hoping to ride but IT'S SNOWING! It was eighty freaking degrees a couple of days ago!
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Well the sun came out and I got to ride for a bit after all. Just headed south towards Kirtland AFB and stopped at the Nuclear Sience Atomic Museum.

Just south of there is where we used to ride the KLR and XT dual sport bikes and I wanted to see if the area had been developed or what since new housing is booming here. There's a cool solar array power plant here now but on the other side of the arroyo/ revine there is a new development starting.

As I putted along the dirt road I found an abandoned Ford Mustang. I'll bet it's stolen and ditched here after a joyride.

I called Albuquerque Police and they transferred me to Bernalillo County saying its out of jurisdiction for APD. Country Police said I need to call APD, ugh. Weather is coming faster than the cops. I notified both departments so we'll see who shows up. Just chillin now.....
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X