Page 630 of 630 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630
Results 6,291 to 6,299 of 6299

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

It's a bit tricky getting gloves off, pulling out the camera, and taking a pic all while squeezing the clutch lever. Storm64, you're a talented guy!
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Is she enjoying it more each ride?
    She is and my smile gets a bit bigger too as I watch her in my mirrors

Cowboy Up or Quit.

1981 GS550T - My Rebuild
    1981 GS550L - My Stepdaughter's

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

I headed out for a short sixty mile or so ride tonight, a much needed ride at that! Staying close to town I went through the Northeast and Northwest quadrants and stopped at Balloon Fiesta Park. Albuquerque has been hot air balloonist's haven since the 1970's. Here's a bronze Gondola with the founder of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

Riding on to the West into Corrales there's farm land, horses, and plenty of super old buildings. Here's one that caught my eye. Not sure of it's age but a neat looking Pueblo style building.

Lots of the buildings in this area are made of Adobe bricks. Here is a wall that has some exposed adobe.

I headed through Corrales into Rio Rancho then Bernalillo before turning back toward Albuquerque. Pretty uneventful but very nice to get out for a while. As I was getting up to freeway speed, I hit something that looked like a bat or a small bird with the windjammer. Made quite a mess and I am very glad to have the protection. Judging by the color of it's internals left behind it was probably just a large moth. Think I'll spare you the image of that.

Something funny occurred to me this evening. When our kids were little we'd say ok, go out and play but stay on the street. As they got older, maybe the block, then when they drove cars the city limits. As I headed out I told my wife, I'm going for a ride but don't worry, I'll stay in New Mexico.
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G

Quote Originally Posted by storm 64 View Post
    Hahaha! My tachometer is broke. The needle kind of just floats around. It's funny cause when I'm cruising at about 4,000 rpm's it will read about 4,000 rpm's. It's like a harmonic thing going on.
    I've had that problem with that bike before, really weird. If I can remember correctly there is a crimp at the end of the cable that feeds into the engine. The crimp loosened enough for the cable to unscrew itself enough to swing wild at high rpms, but it would work normally at low rpms. I recrimped that piece on securely and shot WD-40 up into the tach hole and added graphite on the cable. That was some years ago.

Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Quote Originally Posted by sedelen View Post
    I've had that problem with that bike before, really weird. If I can remember correctly there is a crimp at the end of the cable that feeds into the engine. The crimp loosened enough for the cable to unscrew itself enough to swing wild at high rpms, but it would work normally at low rpms. I recrimped that piece on securely and shot WD-40 up into the tach hole and added graphite on the cable. That was some years ago.
    So good to hear from you Steve!

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Rear Shocks, Rebuilt MC/Caliper & new single-braided front line, Tarozzi Forks Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

AKA: "Red" as named (Affectionately) by Gramma P.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    So good to hear from you Steve!

Ed

Thanks! Hard to believe someone still remembers me, but I check in every now and then to see what's up.

Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Thanks! Hard to believe someone still remembers me, but I check in every now and then to see what's up.
    Steve, how's life on the other side of the Equator? Good to see your still around. I was thinking about how things were going for you down there.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

*For those that want it, PM me for Mark Harrops email.*

Well Steve that picture I posted was my 850g. The tacho on your 1000 works great. Right now I'm preparing the 1000 for a 5,000 mile road trip I have planned. Also wait till you see the new wheels that are going on it. I think you'll like it. Don't be such a stranger check in more often. Also post some pictures, we all like pretty women. ☺
    My Motorcycles:
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (needs restored)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

No work today and was hoping to ride but IT'S SNOWING! It was eighty freaking degrees a couple of days ago!
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G