No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems perfect for that sort of area, though. I spent the summer of '95 in Alaska, and it kind of reminds me of that.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Here is a video shot by one of our riding buddies yesterday...the pot holes were brutal! Lol
      The road between Lake Cowichan (Youbou) and Bamfield is a little rough. Potholes for days...(^_^)*** LIKE if you like, and SUB if you really like. ****** Fol...

Last edited by trevor; 03-19-2017, 02:42 PM.
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Here is a video shot by one of our riding buddies yesterday...the pot holes were brutal! Lol
        The road between Lake Cowichan (Youbou) and Bamfield is a little rough. Potholes for days...(^_^)*** LIKE if you like, and SUB if you really like. ****** Fol...

Bamfield is a popular destination for sports fishermen. There are many stories of guys who have taken that road to Bamfield towing their boat and discovering the rollers on the boat trailer embedded straight through the hull of the boat upon arrival. Hilarity ensues!
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

That has got to be the best (or worst) pothole collection I've ever seen!
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Palomar Mountain Road, aka "Palomar Racetrack" - on a good ol' Suzuki GSX (and I just realized I'm wearing my Suzuki hoodie, lol).

Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Our first attempt at an overnight road trip on the GS went quite well. We set out to visit some family in Flora Vista, NM which is about 190 miles from Albuquerque. After filling the Vetter bags we had to add the soft luggage as well. Our load was a bit heavier because I pulled the stator from my parts bike and brought it, a new gasket, and everything I'd need to change it if needed. I've heard too many horror stories about being stranded so I also grabbed new throttle and clutch cables(from parts bike but never installed), emergency tire plug and Co2 inflator kit, and miscellaneous things just in case.

We checked in, looked at the room, and got right back on the road for a bit.

I was so glad to be able to pop off the luggage and just carry it into the room overnight. My wife said three hours after we stopped, she could still feel the vibrations, as if sitting on the bike.

The ride home today was terrific! The GS got 45 miles to the gallon in spite of the heaviest load yet! We ran into a guy riding a 2016 Honda CRF100L Africa Twin. It was loaded to the hilt! The rider said he was just killing time riding in the US until it warmed up in Europe, then he'd fly the bike over and ride there. I gave him some dehydrated fruit from my uncle's farm and wished him safe travels.

After passing through Cuba on the way back we took a detour toward Cabezon Peak. This is an almost 1,000 foot tall volcanic plug which was used in the movie Close Encounters. Anyone remember Richard Dreyfuss's character sculpting this out of mashed potatoes?

Just a neat looking bluff here.

The colors in the layers of rock are just unreal between Cabezon Peak and the village of San Ysidro! Red dirt building up to layers of white and beige, topped by greenery under a blue sky. I'll have to use the street view since we weren't able to stop.

We're glad to be home, but really enjoyed the trip!
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Joe and Burque.
                Still have snow on the ground so photos of bikes with curvy roads and warm weather are great to see.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                  That has got to be the best (or worst) pothole collection I've ever seen!
                  Mmmmm, maybe worse that I-65 south of Gary Indiana, maybe not.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Gorgeous pics guys... I really with we didn't get smoked by this stupid Blizzard... The temps are low but the sun is definitely much warmer now... I can at least grab 20-50 miles at a time. I don't trust all the grit on the roads to take the Connie out but the TUX is getting her work out...

Thanks for posting!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I went out for an Official last day of winter ride on my Triumph yesterday.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPkXYUgU0n0
                        That's a riot! too many roads like that in around here. I'm amazed at how fast you guys are whippin down em! I'll have to get something with longer suspension I guess...

Comment

Nice ride, Dave. I'd love to have a bike with a sidecar in next couple of years so I can take my daughter out on rides. She's a little young yet, she'll only be 2 in August. But in a couple of years...

I went out for a quick ride yesterday to see how she's running after valve adjustment and carb sync. Pulled well throughout the RPM range. Previously, she had a flat spot in the higher RPMs. Pay no mind to the temporary seat. Still waiting on the completion of the new cover.

IMG_9944.jpg
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Brisk but racked on about 75 miles today on the TUX!

Despite the brisk weather it was an awesome day to ride!!! Needed it BAD!!!

Almost Motorcycle season!!!!

Happy Spring everyone!!!
                            Ride Safe!!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                            Originally posted by Hayabuser
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                              Nice ride, Dave. I'd love to have a bike with a sidecar in next couple of years so I can take my daughter out on rides. She's a little young yet, she'll only be 2 in August. But in a couple of years...

I went out for a quick ride yesterday to see how she's running after valve adjustment and carb sync. Pulled well throughout the RPM range. Previously, she had a flat spot in the higher RPMs. Pay no mind to the temporary seat. Still waiting on the completion of the new cover.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50245[/ATTACH]
                              I put the sidecar together a couple of months before my daughter's second birthday and she was in it with her mother many times before her big day. She was three before she rode in the car alone, took that long for me to trust that she wouldn't try to go out for a walk while we were buzzing down the freeway... she's turning five in July and still loves going riding in it. Good thing since she's the whole reason I built it! Just wanted to share her parent's passion with her without having to wait until she was old enough to be allowed to ride on the back of a regular motorbike.

If you're serious about doing it, just do it.
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Thanks... would need the proper starting point, though. The GS is not really configured for something like this. Maybe the CX?

Comment

Working...
                                X