No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short lunch time ride near home just to clear my head. Nice roads and scenery near here.

On a bridge over a holler

Looking over the side of the bridge

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Sunday's ride with my friend Cindy.[ATTACH=CONFIG]51098[/ATTACH]
      That's a sweet bike!

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      Hey Mr. Bill. Is your friend Cindy single? A lady riding a BMW is someone I could hang out with! ☺
      Man, you gotta keep trying don'tcha Norm?

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Umm...if I told you anything, I would have to take all your bikes away from you LMAO
      You tell him, Bill.

Ed

EDIT: Beautiful pics on those recent rides, fellas.
      Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-23-2017, 04:59 PM.
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Awe, you know me well Ed! Lol ☺
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

oh! crap!

What does this....?

What is this called to look for another one?

Ah, maybe , yah, I will post in Brakes& Suspension

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Oh, I must be anxious- nervous.
            THought I was posting a new thread.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We had to drop the truck off tonight at Ford since it looks as though I have a leak from the power steering pump so Charmayne and I rode the bikes down while the wife drove. Once we got to the dealer, the wife then put her gear on and jumped on the back of my bike so the three of us could put just over 40 miles in. I even let Charmayne lead some of the ride for the first time. Course, stopping off for Chinese caused us to get home late but allowed Charmayne to have another night time ride.

I wanted to get pictures tonight but I missed the pull off I really like near the river.
              sigpic
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

What does this....?

What is this called to look for another one?

Ah, maybe , yah, I will post in Brakes& Suspension

Well that's a first... I've never seen THAT before!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

A few of us went for a short ride out to the local track which was doing supermoto. Loud and cool.

20170523_191540 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

20170523_191526 by Rob Ert, on Flickr
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I did not, but saw an interesting thing driving home from work in miserable mist and rain, in miserable traffic, heading south on the miserable NJ Turnpike.
                    It was a group of about 10 bikes all with Quebec license plates. Some bikes had Canadian flags, and many had jackets with veteran patches. Heading to DC for the rally is my guess. It's pretty common to see bikes heading south on the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend, often weenies trailering.
                    I was impressed to see people actually..... riding... and from afar.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      I did not, but saw an interesting thing driving home from work in miserable mist and rain, in miserable traffic, heading south on the miserable NJ Turnpike.
                      It was a group of about 10 bikes all with Quebec license plates. Some bikes had Canadian flags, and many had jackets with veteran patches. Heading to DC for the rally is my guess. It's pretty common to see bikes heading south on the week leading up to Memorial Day weekend, often weenies trailering.
                      I was impressed to see people actually..... riding... and from afar.
                      The annual Rolling Thunder rally started in 1988 and is impressive. They are also en route on the PA Turnpike.

Comment

A friend invited me to go with him and his friends in 2008. Not really my type of gig, but I figured why not.
                        Plus on a ride with us he rode his then new Harley over a dirt hill and onto an abandoned road we were checking out in Centralia Pa....

It was lot of hurry up and wait. We left early and rode a steady 85 -90 mph to get to DC early, then parked in a huge parking lot with thousands of bikes.... then hung out and waited...... There was food, displays, and the ocassional military helicopter doing fly bys. The thunder part was aptly named. Once the bikes began pulling out to make the route thru DC, it was a steady distant rumble for at least a half hour before we took off. I had mixed feelings riding thru town. I felt a bit like a phony having never served, but the outpouring of support for the Vets was was a bit emotional for me to see - the whole route was lined with spectators many people deep waving, cheering, and holding up signs of support.
                        I actually teared up in my helmet a bit seeing the amount of people who still care about our enlisted men and women.

Afterwards we had a late lunch at a cool little spot, then left town, and as soon as we hit the highway my stator gave up the ghost 200 miles from home........
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went for a nice after work ride to "Zookies" my favorite wing restaurant. On the way home I stopped by the airport for a picture. This motorcycle is running so good, I'd take it over a new motorcycle any day! ☺
                          Attached Files
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

35 local miles of sunset run Friday night. I lost count of the deers that crossed my path, several pretty close! And there was one chicken.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              ............... This motorcycle is running so good, I'd take it over a new motorcycle any day! ☺
                              hey, Norm, that is a 79 E, with drilled disc. Tell us about that. (but I think I can quess.)
                              Last edited by Redman; 05-26-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                                35 local miles of sunset run Friday night. ......................................
                                Hey, using a good technique for avoiding one of the problems of sunset photos, the problem of having the setting sun in the photo causing difficult exposure settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X