Page 625 of 630 FirstFirst ... 125525575615623624625626627 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 6299

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkburger View Post
    I mowed the lawn today. Mowing involves dragging the scooter out of the shed.
    With the lawn done, I hosed the shed gunk off of the scooter that accumulated over the winter then cruised around the block a bit.

Behold my manliness !!
    http://
    Now that's a beautiful blooming tree! Nice little scoot too. ☺
    My Motorcycles:
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (needs restored)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

Thanks Norm. Tree is not mine.
    The scoot is stupid fun.
    A couple of years ago my freind stopped by on his absolutely beautiful Ducati 996. As a spoof I parked the rusty old scoot by the Ducati for a picture of the Italians. While doing this a couple of girls walked by and one commented "cool scooter". Imagine our shock..

When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkburger View Post
    Thanks Norm. Tree is not mine.
    The scoot is stupid fun.
    A couple of years ago my freind stopped by on his absolutely beautiful Ducati 996. As a spoof I parked the rusty old scoot by the Ducati for a picture of the Italians. While doing this a couple of girls walked by and one commented "cool scooter". Imagine our shock..
    That's funny. Hey Glen, my wife likes your rusty scoot too. Chick magnet!!

I had my 850 at church and my buddy came out with his 20 yr old son who said "wow, that bike is rad!" Hadn't had my old man bike described as "rad" before. Made me chuckle for a bit. I love the old GS. Love looking at it as much as riding it...almost as much anyways, but close.
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G

After some struggles this past week in the parking lot, Charmayne and I finally got out for a short ride around the block. She did well and I'm trying to plan a bit longer of a ride for Sunday that won't push her too much.

Cowboy Up or Quit.

1981 GS550T - My Rebuild
    1981 GS550L - My Stepdaughter's

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
    After some struggles this past week in the parking lot, Charmayne and I finally got out for a short ride around the block. She did well and I'm trying to plan a bit longer of a ride for Sunday that won't push her too much.
    I taught myself, but followed guidelines and worked on the thing I found the hardest; pulling away from a stop. Rode up and down, back and forth on residential streets with the most stop signs. Wanted to get that right before I was at a busy intersection.
    Did not take so very long, then riding around on country roads was wonderful, low stress.
    I'm sure this will be fun.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

need to take the old girl out for a ride, been so warn out from work and dumb girls just haven't had the time. Think i may finish the seat tonight though!!
    -My life's on time but again my sense is late.
    Feel a might unsteady but I still have to play.-

bikes,
    1980 gs1000g (restomod/cafeish project)
    1975 tc185 (future home of a t500 twin)
    1997 katana 600 (parts bike)
    1993 yamaha fzr1000 ex-up Genesis (next big resto)
    1983 KTM mxc 250
    1979 gs850g (past bike)

Quote Originally Posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
    need to take the old girl out for a ride, been so warn out from work and dumb girls just haven't had the time. Think i may finish the seat tonight though!!
    Sooooo, your just kicking back in the car jamming to Megadeth? I've been on the bike wishing I had some tunes. My one track mind gets monotonous! Hope you get it going soon.
    Last edited by Burque73; 04-22-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G

Yeah man, its like meditation for me.. lots of people cant stand the aggressiveness of metal but for me it keeps me from exploding. Like pulles the anger and stress right out of me. Ive always been big on megadeth, dave mustaine is a lyrical genius, not to mention is extremely complex and aggressive riffs..
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...red-microphone i have these, pretty nice for the price.

bikes,
    1983 KTM mxc 250
    1979 gs850g (past bike)

I mean heck my quote in my sig is from "my last words" and my profile picture is vic rattlehead haha

bikes,
    1983 KTM mxc 250
    1979 gs850g (past bike)

Quote Originally Posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
    Yeah man, its like meditation for me.. lots of people cant stand the aggressiveness of metal but for me it keeps me from exploding. Like pulles the anger and stress right out of me. Ive always been big on megadeth, dave mustaine is a lyrical genius, not to mention is extremely complex and aggressive riffs..
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...red-microphone i have these, pretty nice for the price.
    I understand, sort of. I mean my kids always said the same thing. Metal winds me up though, Disturbed, Pantera, Metallica, go to music if I'm exhausted or down. Good for what ails ya! Those bands are a bit counter intuitive to my Christian faith but the music, oh man, it gets in me and stirrrrrs! Topic for another time I suppose.
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G