Page 608 of 644 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 6436

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Here is a video shot by one of our riding buddies yesterday...the pot holes were brutal! Lol
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPkXYUgU0n0
    That's a riot! too many roads like that in around here. I'm amazed at how fast you guys are whippin down em! I'll have to get something with longer suspension I guess...

Nice ride, Dave. I'd love to have a bike with a sidecar in next couple of years so I can take my daughter out on rides. She's a little young yet, she'll only be 2 in August. But in a couple of years...

I went out for a quick ride yesterday to see how she's running after valve adjustment and carb sync. Pulled well throughout the RPM range. Previously, she had a flat spot in the higher RPMs. Pay no mind to the temporary seat. Still waiting on the completion of the new cover.

IMG_9944.jpg
    Last edited by gordinho80; 03-20-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    Mario
    1983 Suzuki GS1100G
    1981 Suzuki GS850G

Brisk but racked on about 75 miles today on the TUX!

Despite the brisk weather it was an awesome day to ride!!! Needed it BAD!!!

Almost Motorcycle season!!!!

Happy Spring everyone!!!
    Ride Safe!!
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by gordinho80 View Post
    Nice ride, Dave. I'd love to have a bike with a sidecar in next couple of years so I can take my daughter out on rides. She's a little young yet, she'll only be 2 in August. But in a couple of years...

I went out for a quick ride yesterday to see how she's running after valve adjustment and carb sync. Pulled well throughout the RPM range. Previously, she had a flat spot in the higher RPMs. Pay no mind to the temporary seat. Still waiting on the completion of the new cover.

IMG_9944.jpg
    I put the sidecar together a couple of months before my daughter's second birthday and she was in it with her mother many times before her big day. She was three before she rode in the car alone, took that long for me to trust that she wouldn't try to go out for a walk while we were buzzing down the freeway... she's turning five in July and still loves going riding in it. Good thing since she's the whole reason I built it! Just wanted to share her parent's passion with her without having to wait until she was old enough to be allowed to ride on the back of a regular motorbike.

If you're serious about doing it, just do it.
    Dave

Thanks... would need the proper starting point, though. The GS is not really configured for something like this. Maybe the CX?
    Mario
    1983 Suzuki GS1100G
    1981 Suzuki GS850G

IMG_9944.jpg
    I can verify that Triumph was NOT happy hauling around my 2XX pounds last year when Dave picked me up at the ferry. The frame on the sidecar may have bent....

It was a great experience. Everyone should do it once. I said that before I jumped out of a plane at 2500 feet too....

1980 GS850G
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900 bought new and survived, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e will soon fulfill its dream.

A brief period of 55 and sunny today, rode the 850 in traffic to a job to verify the new clutch plates fixed the slip at 6k. They did. Also noticed it only runs on 3 cylinders below 4k so digging the Ethanol corrosion deposits out of the pilot jets is in my near future. Have a double dose of Sta-Bil blue in the tank, ran OK a month ago. Ethanol sucks....

1980 GS850G
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900 bought new and survived, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e will soon fulfill its dream.

Quote Originally Posted by bobgroger View Post
    Have a double dose of Sta-Bil blue in the tank, ran OK a month ago. Ethanol sucks....
    Have any faith in Seafoam ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Quote Originally Posted by bobgroger View Post
    I can verify that Triumph was NOT happy hauling around my 2XX pounds last year when Dave picked me up at the ferry. The frame on the sidecar may have bent....

It was a great experience. Everyone should do it once. I said that before I jumped out of a plane at 2500 feet too....
    LOL! I think the Indian steel held up pretty good considering!
    Dave

Thanks... would need the proper starting point, though. The GS is not really configured for something like this. Maybe the CX?
    Anything with tubular framerails is a breeze to mount a chair on. A GS1100E was my first thought when I was in the planning stages but then I decided I wanted something more classically elegant in styling, and more modern for reliability. The 2013 Bonneville ticked both of those boxes and makes for an incredibly pretty and functional hack.

And now that I've been riding the thing for well over three years, I can say that the 100+hp of the GS1100 would have been serious overkill. The 65hp Triumph is scary enough!
    Dave