anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    How far away are those mountains??? I think I'd go crazy with out my mountains...
    Those Sandia mountains are in my back yard basically. In the pic they were maybe 55 miles away.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Well it's become a tradition on my birthday to a least get out for a little rip no matter the weather....last year it was a monsoon...this year just cold....2 degrees...yikes...I didn't go far..lol...and yes that's snow in those hills...

No signature

Comment

Happy Birthday buddy!!! How many years young are you now?

FYI I want your bike!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Those Sandia mountains are in my back yard basically. In the pic they were maybe 55 miles away.
          You live in some gorgeous areas! I want to ride in the desert so bad...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Happy birthday, Trevor!

Comment

-20c last night...no I didn't go for a ride

forecast -30c (-22f) by next week

2c ... t-shirt weather
              1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                -20c last night...no I didn't go for a ride

forecast -30c (-22f) by next week

2c ... t-shirt weather
                Wow, I love New Mexico! Our record low in Albuquerque is warmer than your forecast for next week. A couple of years ago it held -5 F for a week straight. Everybody went ape $h!t. Pipes froze everywhere and the gas company had a shortage cutting the smaller towns off completely making it even worse for frozen pipes. The record low was 1971 it got to -17 F in January. Average low in December and Jan is around 24 F and highs sill in upper 40's. I won't complain about cold to you all anymore! Came here in 1986 from Rome, NY that was a cold place.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Ew....
                  and on an unfaired bike.....
                  Must have been some occassion .....

Man, you are doing a lot of riding for just having started.

Actually was just meeting my father for lunch...at least there was a small chance of getting back before it got dark and started raining...lol

Always been keen on road trips...drove 110 miles a day for a while...guess I just figure "why not?"

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Too hardcore for me.
                  Sure didn't take you long to get addicted to riding. haha.
                  Guess I can be a bit of a meathead at times...lol

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  @ Chaz
                  Ride safe at night my friend LOL I remember the days when I rode my 750 in the old and all I had was damn EMGO fairing... That cylinder head saved me from frost bite a couple times I think.
                  I can't imagine doing big miles on a naked bike.

But I did get some miles on my TUX today!

32' Brisk but took the Tuxman out for a spin!!!

It was laid up for a bit as I chased out electrical gremlins.... FYI I cannot figure out how to install a Tachometer on this thing...

Anyway... Tuned it up with the PC-V I think I got my map just perfect... The bike has a BUTT LOAD of torque now!!!

But don't take my word for it, LOL Pictures speak 1000 words!
                  1/4 liter fever baby!!! LOLOL

Love my Tuxman SCR250!!!
                  Maybe I'll at least look into one of those little generic fairings for the winter...lol

looks like you are really enjoying that 250. I almost bought an old enduro myself a while back...might need to keep an eye out for another one...

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                    Wow, I love New Mexico! Our record low in Albuquerque is warmer than your forecast for next week. A couple of years ago it held -5 F for a week straight. Everybody went ape $h!t. Pipes froze everywhere and the gas company had a shortage cutting the smaller towns off completely making it even worse for frozen pipes. The record low was 1971 it got to -17 F in January. Average low in December and Jan is around 24 F and highs sill in upper 40's. I won't complain about cold to you all anymore! Came here in 1986 from Rome, NY that was a cold place.
                    My personal record -43c (-45.5f). I still vividly recall the 1.5 mile walk to high school and back, you'd think I could handle a little cool weather like -20 or -30...

longest cold streak I've experienced , 6 weeks where the high for the day never rose above -30c...the next year I moved to a warmer spot seriously bad motorcycle weather, probably why my brother rode snowmobiles.
                    Last edited by wyly; 12-06-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                      My personal record -43c (-45.5f). I still vividly recall the 1.5 mile walk to high school and back, you'd think I could handle a little cool weather like -20 or -30...

longest cold streak I've experienced , 6 weeks where the high for the day never rose above -30c...the next year I moved to a warmer spot seriously bad motorcycle weather, probably why my brother rode snowmobiles.
                      Let me guess. January/February 1979? The month I moved to Cranbrook from a balmy Vancouver. I got off the plane onto the tarmac (no gates here) at 10 o'clock at night. -42c at the time and had to find the rental car in the dark ....the one with key under the floor mat. Yeah right. I don't think it went above -30c for about 6 weeks. Damn near got back on the plane. Glad I didn't because I'm still here after all those years.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                        Maybe I'll at least look into one of those little generic fairings for the winter...lol

looks like you are really enjoying that 250. I almost bought an old enduro myself a while back...might need to keep an eye out for another one...
                        I have one in my stock... I'll let it go for super cheap(Like pay for shipping and $5)... Might need to fab up some brackets for it but it's yours if you need it!

I LOVE THIS LITTLE BIKE! I rode it in today @ 28' F, Fueling is still a bit wonky but with the Tiny tach installed I'll be able to hone the problematic curves in my map. WOT though, what a riot! I'm truly enjoying the buying "brand new" experience!

Let me know if you want that fairing... It's just soaking up space.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

calgary-scooter-guy-winter.jpg
                          a scooter on our busiest freeway yesterday, -20c, icy and he's still going to work... this section of road is 110km but 130km is not uncommon even in bad conditions and he's riding along with his feet down to stay upright...

The sole bread winner for his family gave up his car because he couldn't afford the insurance... Social media kicked in and a local auto dealer gave him a 2010 Dodge Charger SXT AWD, public donations of $7k cash and food as well.

here's the video http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/12/05...ity-of-support
                          Last edited by wyly; 12-06-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Waited until the frost cleared and went out for a run in the bleak sunshine.

The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

I'm hopin' for a day that good, when I don't have to work.
                              We're only getting one day that good per week.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                                I'm hopin' for a day that good, when I don't have to work.
                                We're only getting one day that good per week.
                                Maybe some folks do not know what we would consider to be a good day.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X