• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that plate :-)
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Not really a ride as such but went to watch a mate run in his two recently completed track bikes yesterday. Not sure exactly what the specs are on either but they certainly run well! The GSX is immaculate.

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Just shook the cobwebs off my '83 400E. Machine is running well for the first real ride. I was a little rusty so I took it easy. Wandered around my area for a couple of hours. So many nice quiet roads around the Pitt Meadows Airport. Now she's got a fresh tank of gas for my next ride.

Comment

quick ride about town mostly...stopped by the military museum for an interesting background
          Attached Files

Comment

What a Difference Two Years Make

Charmayne and I started out on what was supposed to be a 125 mile ride this morning but ended up turning around early as her Bluetooth headset warned its battery was at 25% . Still, the ride was good for both of us and we still finished up with 77 miles under our belt today making it her longest day yet. I also tested out the Scenic GPS app for the IPhone using it to record our route today. I intend to try building out a GPX file from some other program and uploading to it next week.

Although the horses weren't out today, we had to stop at the same barn we did two years ago

Two years ago on May 4th 2015

Today

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Didn't ride any GS today, took my ATK out into the Coast range with Marcos and his Africa Twin. Found too many blocked roads, ended up going in a big circle

1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

We set alarms for a sunrise ride but two pushes on the snooze button and the sun was up. So...may as well make breakfast burritos and sandwiches, then make a day of riding! Boy did we ever. The wife and I spent 11 hours riding today. Plenty of stop and stretch time so only 330 ish miles racked up. We headed to Santa Fe then took the High Road To Taos. Here's our route today.

Saw a wooden aqueduct carrying irrigation water across the ravine and a church built in 1760.

Through the twisty roads my wife was having fun snapping pics. Here's a cool shot showing where we've been, where we are and where we're going. I stopped for this one as she felt she may drop the camera.

A picnic lunch in the tall pines just a bit off the beaten path.

Then on to Taos for gas and coffee. There were hundreds of Harleys all around. I saw one other Suzuki, a GSXR 1300 Busa. The rider of that Busa was very friendly and we chatted at the pump for a bit. Ok, on to the Gorge bridge... This is the Rio Grande Gorge just West of Taos. It's about 650 feet down to the water. An attractive spot for jumpers.

Not the Gorge bridge but a much less crowded spot to get the bike in the pic. Somewhere between Tres Piedras and Espanola.

We thoroughly enjoy this GS and our little corner of the world.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Roger, great pictures. That aqueduct is cool. We have a tall bridge near us with a crisis hotline number as well. No push button fanciness though. Ours does have English and Spanish writing though....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

All great photos of great rides! I view this thread everyday!
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Roger,
                      Great picture of what seems to be a great day or riding. Good to hear you say you wife enjoys it also (something not all of us can say).
                      Ah, pictures showing the view in the mirror.... what kind of strange person thinks of that....

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

roger that, Roger

Comment

I was so tempted to push the button and see what happened. For some reason I could just hear a voice say, your call is important to us please hold to speak with the next available operator, and then some Steely Dan played while you hold on. Suppose I could have at least cleaned the mirror for her photo, huh Dave? Lol! She's not always as keen on riding as I am so it was a great day indeed!

over and out!
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks for making us flatlanders jealous. JK. It would be wonderful to have some nice scenic areas to ride through. Great pictures and the GS is really looking good as a full dress touring machine.
                            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I went for a ride today. No pictures, but some twisty switchbacks.
                              Also, I stopped for a Frostie cuz those are my kryptonite, and I wandered over near a bridge by the Wendy's parking lot and startled a groundhog who earned his name of whistlepig by whistling at me. More like a screech than a whistle. Huh.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I went for a early morning ride to avoid afternoon thunderstorms today. I took off towards the west toward Akron Ohio. I decided to see if the Goodyear Blimp was at home, and it was! You can't get to close to it but they had a observation parking lot open where I took a couple of pictures.
                                Attached Files
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X