No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I spent another afternoon on the bike, maybe 85-90 miles, WV, OH, KY.
    This picture was taken at Virginia Park, the tip of WV in the tristate area. The Big Sandy river (behind the photographer's left) which separates WV and KY, flows into the Ohio River (background of the bike. There's a few barges parked right there, lol) (Ohio past the river).

It's a cool idea, but the actual location, shall we say, lacks sparkle.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
      My wife and I spent another afternoon on the bike, maybe 85-90 miles, WV, OH, KY.
      This picture was taken at Virginia Park, the tip of WV in the tristate area. The Big Sandy river (behind the photographer's left) which separates WV and KY, flows into the Ohio River (background of the bike. There's a few barges parked right there, lol) (Ohio past the river).

It's a cool idea, but the actual location, shall we say, lacks sparkle.
      Sounds like a nice time. Looks sunny and warm there too. The river through town here, Rio Grande, is far different from that one. It's about six inches deep and muddy. Vehicles are restricted from the area near the shore and the threat of wildfire has access very limited.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

That's another thing on my summer time bucket list. Meet up with Kerry... Perhaps on my way home from seeing Ed. 👍
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          That's another thing on my summer time bucket list. Meet up with Kerry... Perhaps on my way home from seeing Ed. ��
          Norm,

Are you currently riding? Post pics!

I'm still working on my "T" and shooting for June/July riding.

Ed
          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 04-30-2017, 08:24 AM.
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Some ding dong was sitting in the empty parking lot taking pictures of an old bike.....

sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Got the Trophy out this morning to explore a little more of Eastern Tennessee. Ended up a little further off the beaten path than I normally due. I love living here.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

no need to look further than this thread for beautiful bikes and interesting scenery (solar panel arrays and stolen cars etc..)
                Some ding dong was sitting in the empty parking lot taking pictures of an old bike.....
                haha! If you were taking pictures of yourself there it might be more of a worry...

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Ended up a little further off the beaten path than I normally due.

I think I hear a Banjo......
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

20170430_134120.jpg
                    Went for a run out with my wife Lorraine, had lunch at Langham. Picture is at Carter Bar the England-Scotland border on A68, still cold and windy with salt on some roads 180 miles and big smiles !
                    My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

only rode into work for my watch. the weather has been hit and miss.

Comment

Sun. Ride.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Bob, THat is an interesting road to explore. I would be asking myself "Why is this road even paved?".

(or is that not pavement....)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                            I think I hear a Banjo......
                            You should see the roads 'round me.
                            I'll snap a picture in a holler for ya.
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

What is in Bob's pic is chip n seal (AKA) loose white rock on top of hot tar. Most formerly gravel roads here are the same, not a bad surface but sometimes the gravel comes loose from the tar, usually in a curve............
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Years ago on the way to my Aunts place in Pa, I drove my 66 ElCamino thru a fairly fresh section of that. There's probably still tar and stones on the front A arms to this day.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X