Page 654 of 654 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654
Results 6,531 to 6,535 of 6535

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Been to blasted hot to do any decent riding here. 11 straight days so far in the 100's.
    MrBill
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    Been to blasted hot to do any decent riding here. 11 straight days so far in the 100's.
    Pretty toasty here too!

A short ride in the heat helped to reveal a nasty oil leak from my valve/ cam cover. I had just scrubbed and cleaned the bike on Saturday. Should have left the crud, maybe it held back the leak Guess my next valve check will happen a little earlier than planned.
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G

it is my friday and tomorrow gonna escape 110 f ,mountains 10 miles away. and ride trials bike up at 8500-10000(50-60f) elevation and if i get hot lay in snow drift,
    snow is melting fast, may only be around till end of June this year..
    ...dumb tourists out in the desert are cooking hot and getting attacked by gnats and biting flies...hehe

Default Justin & my ride home last Sunday from Brown County Rally.

For the ride home From Bedford IN to home (about 380 miles) Justin and I agreed for the ride home sunday "No I-65".
    So he plotted a route thru a lot of back roads.

(Used Sandys trick to get this photo.)

Stopped at a gas station. Was about to start filling up when other folks walked bye with a 2 year old (my guess) that was looking at me, so I waved, and he stopped and wave back, and was looking at the bike. When I was finishing up, they were walking back out and the kid waved again, so I asked them "You think he would like to sit on the bike?". So they picked him up and sat him on the bike, while I guided his shoes away from the gas tank. THE kid seemed a bit uncertain at first, then smilled. I asked if want to "beep the horn?" and turned bars, and pointed to the button, and he pushed it and laughed. The other folks taking his picture.
    (Justin was a sneaky guy, and got a picture without me noticing.)

Maybe give some folks a different idea of motorcyclists other than the obnoxious loud bikers.
    I suggest some/many of you can do that also, I have been for a few years now. Although if kiddo gets scared will start kicking about time his feet/shoes are at the tank, so I will have the folks pick up the kid, and I hold each foot with a hand, while they lower the kid to the seat.
    Probably would be better to put the bike on the center stand.

We continued on and stopped to take a break (visit a bush) at a rural intersetion somewhere near Logansport.
    Justin's route was to go out further east, and I was intending on going more direct north, so here is where we parted ways.

I Continued north on local roads and state highways north to near SOuth Bend, then took US31 home.
    Last edited by Redman; 06-19-2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spulling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Exhibit ... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine

Dave, you're a good man! I haven't had a chance like that but since you mentioned it I'll look for one.

I did see a toddler in one of those old coin op car rides outside a store a while back. He was trying his best to push start the thing but it was "stuck". I made it un-stuck for him and dropped in a quarter.

I am envious of your riding with your son. Maybe someday we'll get that chance. Mine's a loose cannon. Have to put him on a vespa or maybe a Honda Rebel!
    Roger

Current ride 83 GS850G