No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During my ride to Akron, I decided to see if anything was going on at "The Great American Soapbox Derby Raceway" and there was! As I walked through the pit aria, I was looking at a car. This young girl probably 7 years old, starts telling me about her and her brothers race car! I was very impressed. I was also impressed with the sportsmanship that was displayed between competitors. Everyone was was so polite to answer my questions. Here is a picture of the young girl at the starting gate getting ready to race.
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Gotta see that bike, and blimp. Nice!

Love the soap box derby! Thanks for posting this.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

tempted

New store being constructed a few miles away.
        Seems that the various construction crews finished and left Friday afternoon.
        Left with the front doors wide open.
        I went by Saturday and Sunday and today (MOnday).
        Doors wide open, nobody around.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I just left the garage late this morning when Dogma texted my voltmeter casings were completed. I mentioned I was on a ride to southeastern Indiana when he mentioned he was headed to Kentucky and offered for me to join him. I rode down to pick up the new casings and we then ran the slab down to where KY-9 meets up with I-275. After a quick lunch, we had a great ride along KY-10 and KY-22 before crossing back over the Ohio River at the Augusta KY Ferry terminal.

Picture taken on a hill outside of Falmouth KY; bottom entrance to the road was a nasty uphill U-turn followed by another switchback continuing uphill.

The traffic wasn't too terribly bad fortunately and I logged 226 miles for that trip finishing the day with Charmayne in the parking lot for some stopping practice.
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Nice, I assume Mr. Dogma is on the mend.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

He rode like he was never hurt; at least in my mind as every time we were not sitting behind traffic together he was at least one and most times two curves in front of me.
              sigpic
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Glad to hear.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

not a long distance ride, but good and kinda long time wise and WAY overdue. now that everything that needs done/fixed is done, it was time to just get out and go. felt great to just be a hooligan again lol.

Comment

Love that silo shot.
                    sigpic

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Commencement weekend ended... One more hell week (reunion) and I'm done!!!
                      Nice blast Yesterday.

But today I left at 6AM to avoid the rain.

Great news! Route 17 is getting paved and the east side is looking very nice!!!! 125 is getting a fresh coat of pavement and 73 is also getting a new coat!!!! Going to be some nice riding off route 100 for the GMR this year!!!

My route from today on the HD, Did it in 3.5 hour today nice to have the roads to myself!!!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Both the TUX and the Harley are down due to tires.
                        Took the Connie out for a nice loop:

Too easy to rack big miles fast on that thing!!! I was only out for 3.5 hours!
                        Nice to take the warp driven 2 wheeled transport every now and the :P
                        Hit 6K miles for my season yesterday.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went North up HWY 55 as far as the 45th parallel. Nice ride up through the canyon with plenty of campers and trucks pulling boats to blast past between the twisties

About 250 miles in all...

Stopped just past Cougar Mountain Lodge looking back down past one of the few plateaus to the canyon beyond

And at the 45th parallel

Great day, perfect temperature!
                          It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                          Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                          '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                          '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                          '82 GS1000SZ
                          '82 GS1100GL
                          '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Both the TUX and the Harley are down due to tires.
                            Worn? or damaged?
                            You got the HD 750, what? just a few weeks ago....

3000 miles for the season already, and its not really summer yet.
                            But then again, spring (and fall) is better in some ways than summer for riding.

SOme entire seasons I dont get much more than 3000.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Worn? or damaged?
                              You got the HD 750, what? just a few weeks ago....

3000 miles for the season already, and its not really summer yet.
                              But then again, spring (and fall) is better in some ways than summer for riding.

SOme entire seasons I dont get much more than 3000.
                              Both bike are wearing worn rear tires... I'm switching back to an economy low resistance tire on the TUX (commute is getting longer for we close on our house on June 9th which is 20 miles from work)

I'm 6K miles for the season on all 3 bikes.

BUT at 3227 miles (a month of ownership) the Harley's rear tire looks like this:

In my younger days I would have worn it to the chords but experience tells me to ground it till the replacement comes in ( Oh god I'm sounding like a seasoned GSR member...)

Also the belt is loose and making some horrid clunking noises under acceleration... I'll tighten once I get the new tire on, should be coming in today.

The both tires are on their way out on the Connie too (battery is also on it's last leg and just ordered a Shorai Li-Fe battery)... Impeccable timing for it's time to drop $300 on a set of the new Dunlop Roadsmart iii. The PR4GT's were great I'm curious on how these new Road smarts do.

Last edited by Jedz123; 06-02-2017, 08:11 AM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

J,

Good.

I too used to look at barely remaining sipes and say "good enough" and then later look at non-existent sipes worn down to flat nothing and say "ah, good enough till end of the season" ..... well, then I had the expereince of hitting the brakes in the rain, and rear end kick out and bike going pretty much sideways almost immediately ... then I looked at that same tire and said "you big dumb stupid cheap bugger" (refering to myself, not the tire), and ever since have a whole different opinion on the situation now.

Comment

Working...
                                X