anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    I mowed the lawn today. Mowing involves dragging the scooter out of the shed.
    With the lawn done, I hosed the shed gunk off of the scooter that accumulated over the winter then cruised around the block a bit.

Behold my manliness !!
    http://
    Now that's a beautiful blooming tree! Nice little scoot too. ☺
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Thanks Norm. Tree is not mine.
      The scoot is stupid fun.
      A couple of years ago my freind stopped by on his absolutely beautiful Ducati 996. As a spoof I parked the rusty old scoot by the Ducati for a picture of the Italians. While doing this a couple of girls walked by and one commented "cool scooter". Imagine our shock..
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        Thanks Norm. Tree is not mine.
        The scoot is stupid fun.
        A couple of years ago my freind stopped by on his absolutely beautiful Ducati 996. As a spoof I parked the rusty old scoot by the Ducati for a picture of the Italians. While doing this a couple of girls walked by and one commented "cool scooter". Imagine our shock..
        That's funny. Hey Glen, my wife likes your rusty scoot too. Chick magnet!!

I had my 850 at church and my buddy came out with his 20 yr old son who said "wow, that bike is rad!" Hadn't had my old man bike described as "rad" before. Made me chuckle for a bit. I love the old GS. Love looking at it as much as riding it...almost as much anyways, but close.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

After some struggles this past week in the parking lot, Charmayne and I finally got out for a short ride around the block. She did well and I'm trying to plan a bit longer of a ride for Sunday that won't push her too much.
          sigpic
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            After some struggles this past week in the parking lot, Charmayne and I finally got out for a short ride around the block. She did well and I'm trying to plan a bit longer of a ride for Sunday that won't push her too much.
            I taught myself, but followed guidelines and worked on the thing I found the hardest; pulling away from a stop. Rode up and down, back and forth on residential streets with the most stop signs. Wanted to get that right before I was at a busy intersection.
            Did not take so very long, then riding around on country roads was wonderful, low stress.
            I'm sure this will be fun.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

need to take the old girl out for a ride, been so warn out from work and dumb girls just haven't had the time. Think i may finish the seat tonight though!!
              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                need to take the old girl out for a ride, been so warn out from work and dumb girls just haven't had the time. Think i may finish the seat tonight though!!
                Sooooo, your just kicking back in the car jamming to Megadeth? I've been on the bike wishing I had some tunes. My one track mind gets monotonous! Hope you get it going soon.
                Last edited by Burque73; 04-22-2017, 05:58 PM.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yeah man, its like meditation for me.. lots of people cant stand the aggressiveness of metal but for me it keeps me from exploding. Like pulles the anger and stress right out of me. Ive always been big on megadeth, dave mustaine is a lyrical genius, not to mention is extremely complex and aggressive riffs..
                  https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...red-microphone i have these, pretty nice for the price.
                  I build Pipers

Comment

I mean heck my quote in my sig is from "my last words" and my profile picture is vic rattlehead haha
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Yeah man, its like meditation for me.. lots of people cant stand the aggressiveness of metal but for me it keeps me from exploding. Like pulles the anger and stress right out of me. Ive always been big on megadeth, dave mustaine is a lyrical genius, not to mention is extremely complex and aggressive riffs..
                      https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...red-microphone i have these, pretty nice for the price.
                      I understand, sort of. I mean my kids always said the same thing. Metal winds me up though, Disturbed, Pantera, Metallica, go to music if I'm exhausted or down. Good for what ails ya! Those bands are a bit counter intuitive to my Christian faith but the music, oh man, it gets in me and stirrrrrs! Topic for another time I suppose.
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Well the Mrs and I went out for a while today. 150 miles or so in about 5 hours. We went through Chilili, Mountainair, then over to Rio Communities and up the Rio Grande valley through Belen, Los Lunas and finally back home. This 850 is such a terrific bike. She's not entirely happy with the seat and may need to do something different other than the Corbin. For now though it'll have to do!
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Just took the 1000g on a quick 70ish mile run from vero to yeehaw junction and back, she performed flawlessly! Gave her a few more ° of timing before i left, was at 1° advance at 1100 rpms so i upped it to 6° pulls really hard with no pinging. I need to finish the seat haha all i have left to do is staple the cover to the wooden pan and mount the latch i stole off my katana haha
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            Well the Mrs and I went out for a while today. 150 miles or so in about 5 hours. We went through Chilili, Mountainair, then over to Rio Communities and up the Rio Grande valley through Belen, Los Lunas and finally back home. This 850 is such a terrific bike. She's not entirely happy with the seat and may need to do something different other than the Corbin. For now though it'll have to do!
                            Corbin on a gs? I'd like to see this sir
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                              ............. 150 miles or so in about 5 hours. We went through Chilili, Mountainair, then over to Rio Communities and up the Rio Grande valley through Belen, Los Lunas and finally back home. ...........!
                              Just took the 1000g on a quick 70ish mile run from vero to yeehaw junction and back, ............a
                              Sure sound like could be some intrtesting places.
                              And, given your locations, could be some intersting roads.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a Saturday evening ride, stayed local, and, yep, went down bye the beach about sunset time.
                                Lot of folks down there, lot of traffic. Man, and this isnt summer tourist season yet.

Found "Road Closed, No Thru Traffic" so less traffic and a small place in the one lane behind the sign that was out of the way of traffic .......

More pics in "Storys/Sunset"

Up further ahead was "Road Closed. No Entry" and one way traffic only coming from the other way, and very little traffic... ... hum ... but was a cop sitting nearby.
                                Maybe try that some time during the week.
                                Last edited by Redman; 04-23-2017, 08:21 AM. Reason: add link

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X