No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Thunderstorms rolling through Vermont, Sunny then horrendous then sunny... 1 spot 3 totally different pictures in the course of 5 minutes...

I also swapped to my tiny 3.00X18 front tire.
    Really helped with the getup and go... Less rolling mass FTW!!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I left the city yesterday on my GS450 yesterday with blue skys. Halfway home I hit a torrential downpour. Apparently 5 miles away they were getting some pretty serious hail and flooding. It was so windy and I couldn't see anything and was getting soaked so pulled off under an overpass to wait it out:

After 15 mins the rain stopped so I kept going. It started raining again and I got pretty drenched, bike was bogging down. By the time I pulled onto my street it was backfiring and finally died - had to push it into the driveway. My UNI foam pods were pretty wet and when I tried to started it all I got was more backfiring and flames coming out the exhaust.
      After 20 minutes of me making some tea and me spraying some air over the filters, started right up again no problem. I abuse the hell out of that bike and it never lets me down...

I got pretty soaked but my tank bag prototype kept my pen and notebooks (in the zippered inside) bone dry:

1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
        ................... My UNI foam pods were pretty wet and when I tried to started it all I got was more backfiring.. .............

....I got pretty soaked but my tank bag prototype kept my pen and notebooks (in the zippered inside) bone dry:
        Common problem with pod filters out in the open.

Prototype...? You make that?
        Looks handy for a map holder. Cant see how big it is for a tank bag. Looks like some good craftsmanship.
        (I have a magnetic map holder, that is only a map holder.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Common problem with pod filters out in the open.

Prototype...? You make that?
          Looks handy for a map holder. Cant see how big it is for a tank bag. Looks like some good craftsmanship.
          (I have a magnetic map holder, that is only a map holder.)

Yeah I've ridden in rain before and always been fine but never in SIDEWAYS rain!

Yup I made it. It's waxed canvas (water resistant) exterior with vinyl interior lining (really water resistant!). The outer panel has a clear vinyl pocket for a map/phone (phone works through it). The bottom has super strong magnets backed with rubber so it doesn't move around and won't scratch your paint. I've ridden quite a bit with it including about 10 hours of rain riding so far and it's kept everything dry. This is my second version and I still need to do some tweaking for both aesthetic/usability reasons but then I'll be making lots more along with some other motorcycle related gear I've been working on.
          1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
          1977 GS550
          1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

I dig these signs
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
              I dig these signs
              Do you think there is a curve ahead or a bank?
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I went for a local ride after setting the valves.
                Attached Files
                NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
                  I went for a local ride after setting the valves.
                  Beautiful!
                  Always liked your paint scheme.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thank you very much, sir.
                    NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                    Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by 1980GS1000E View Post
                      Nice photo of great bike.

San Diego.... Hum, I thought you were in LA area. .... (and I do recall that your sig line pic is Palomar Mountain)...

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I stopped at the "million dollar view" property today along Rt 107...maybe not a million but it does have a great view! The old GS850G keeps on trucking now that it has a new battery.

Comment

Soaking Rains, Flooding roads... Haven't had a wet summer like this in a long time. If I here we needed it 1 more time I'm going to punch someone.

Cresting 5K miles on the HD, went in for some warranty work, runs better then it did.

Running it through the rain...

July 22nd I have a special appointment with the motor company about the XG750A. They want my feedback about some issues I'm experiencing so I meet with the regional guy, owner and a guy that works on quality control... HD is standing behind their product for sure! Been very impressed. For a BRAND new model I'm certainly shaking out allot of issues but all in all the bike has not left me stranded. This Revolution-X HO motor is really tight.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Satur.day afternoon ride.

Needed some supplies for a project.

Made some excuse about probably not at local store so had to go to a more distant store.....

Rode into town, on a summer holiday weekend, this is about aas close as I was gonna get to the beach.

Then headed out of town for about half hour ride, somewhat curvy road along the river.

And then completed my errand.

Comment

I'm with you on the rain bs,jedz. And, what's with the crash bars and hi way pegs on a sporty bike?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                                I'm with you on the rain bs,jedz. And, what's with the crash bars and hi way pegs on a sporty bike?
                                I put them on for my 500 mile days. Nice to stretch my legs
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X