Page 655 of 655 FirstFirst ... 155555605645653654655
Results 6,541 to 6,543 of 6543

Thread: anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Severe Thunderstorms rolling through Vermont, Sunny then horrendous then sunny... 1 spot 3 totally different pictures in the course of 5 minutes...

I also swapped to my tiny 3.00X18 front tire.
    Really helped with the getup and go... Less rolling mass FTW!!!
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK

I left the city yesterday on my GS450 yesterday with blue skys. Halfway home I hit a torrential downpour. Apparently 5 miles away they were getting some pretty serious hail and flooding. It was so windy and I couldn't see anything and was getting soaked so pulled off under an overpass to wait it out:

After 15 mins the rain stopped so I kept going. It started raining again and I got pretty drenched, bike was bogging down. By the time I pulled onto my street it was backfiring and finally died - had to push it into the driveway. My UNI foam pods were pretty wet and when I tried to started it all I got was more backfiring and flames coming out the exhaust.
    After 20 minutes of me making some tea and me spraying some air over the filters, started right up again no problem. I abuse the hell out of that bike and it never lets me down...

I got pretty soaked but my tank bag prototype kept my pen and notebooks (in the zippered inside) bone dry:

1980/1981 GS450 Beater
    1977 GS750 - Fixing up to tour on 2017
    1977 CB550F SuperSport

Quote Originally Posted by sam000lee View Post
    ................... My UNI foam pods were pretty wet and when I tried to started it all I got was more backfiring.. .............

....I got pretty soaked but my tank bag prototype kept my pen and notebooks (in the zippered inside) bone dry:
    Common problem with pod filters out in the open.

Prototype...? You make that?
    Looks handy for a map holder. Cant see how big it is for a tank bag. Looks like some good craftsmanship.
    (I have a magnetic map holder, that is only a map holder.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Exhibit ... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine