Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
    Nice pics!

That Kawi slogan reminds me of a song from "The Cars".

Also, Toyota had an expression that's timeless: "Oh, What a Feeling!"

Ed
    Aaaah The Cars... awesome band!
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

"I don't mind you comin here.. and wastin all my time, time".

Isn't the lead singer from Oregon?
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

My wife and I joined Glenn and his wife today for a ride up Island. We stopped at a Ciderery. Had a great lunch and tested some cider.

No signature

Comment

Early morning ride.

YIKES. Should pump rear brake back up after having rear wheel off.
          Yah, should have pumped the rear brake back up sometime before coming to first stop sign.

Went along river, down to boardwalk and pier.
          7:15am, 38 degrees, and hardly any people even though Saturday on holiday weekend in tourist town.
          About only people were a few joggers.
          On a typical summer afternoon or evening this place is bumper to bumper stop and go traffic with sidewalk and boardwalk full of people. Is close to the beach.

Stopped here on side of road for a picture (photo-riding game on other forumn), just past the "No Stopping" sign.
          Cop came along, I waved, he waved and kept on going.

Saw more geese than people.
          Including this group that came along in nice position for a picture.

Then I went to meet some friends (non-riders) for breakfast. Wondered if I would see "Got Harley" guy there at the same resteraunt again. Nope.

Got some things to do here at home today. May head back out for a ride this evening for "Rib Fest". Several BBQ Rib vendors all lined up downtown .. yum.

Last edited by Redman; 05-25-2013, 11:14 AM. Reason: add photo

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

^^Nice pics Redman. I didn't read your thread about Harley guy but would imagine it wasn't a pleasent exchange of words.

I went out this am but took no pics. The temps have dropped considerably here in the tri-state area and the wind has picked up.

Thanks for posting your adventure.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Took a quick ride down to "Killen's Pond" today...got some new A-stars gloves and I'm trying to stretch them out. The wind hasn't let up so I'm glad my bike is heavy.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Put about 170 miles on the girl today NW of Houston. Fun ride on a twisty 'lost road' FM 3090.

Comment

Finally got around to putting the new clutch in the CB160.
                  Put about 50 miles on it, ending up at a working water powered grist mill. A fun bike to ride.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I know that I'm supposed to more mature and wiser now that I'm in my mid-thirties, but this was SO TEMPTING.

It took a lot of will power but I did manage to avoid the temptation.

In hindsight it probably wouldn't have been anymore dangerous than riding with one hand and taking pictures with the other.

Comment

Imagine the guy driving the tractor..he'd probably mess his pants. I also tend to think of ridiculous things like that when riding/driving around.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I was at the gas station ready to turn left when he went by.

The look on my face must have been obvious because he made solid eye contact with me as if to say 'don't do it, don't do it'

Comment

Oh man, that would have been awesome... stupid, but still awesome.

Comment

Going on my first poker run (one year and 1 month since the rebuild) this Sat. Kind of a shake down ride to make sure everything is good on the bike that includes me as well lol. Pics soon to come.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post
                              I know that I'm supposed to more mature and wiser now that I'm in my mid-thirties, but this was SO TEMPTING.

In hindsight it probably wouldn't have been anymore dangerous than riding with one hand and taking pictures with the other.
                              Plenty of clearance, besides, it only has a transport speed of about 25mph or so at least the ones I have drove. A good twist of the throttle and zoom you would have been through in a nano second!
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

How Funny

Originally posted by Steel Toed Tank View Post

You are wise beyond your years Tank!

That stuff only works in movies anyway...but you're right, it would have been fun. The driver wouldn't have appreciated it but I'm sure he knows it's tempting.

On the other hand, you pulled a camera out while riding? It's a straight away and the truck was doing 25mph...still a little danger but you took it.

Thanks for sharing my "T" brother!

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X