No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't I 54 really US 54? I used to take it all the way from Wichita to El Paso and back in the early '80s. It's a nice route once you get out of Kansas.

Comment

It Is US-54

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
      Isn't I 54 really US 54? I used to take it all the way from Wichita to El Paso and back in the early '80s. It's a nice route once you get out of Kansas.
      Sorry...I am so use to putting "I" in front of the number...it's an Inter-State road which is synonymous with "US".

Wow! Wichita KS on US-54? That's a long ride!

Been there too...McConnell Air Force Base. The winters there are extremely chilling! Spent a Christmas there in the mid 90s and never been to a colder place at the time.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Well looks like I'm a little late to the party... After I got home I took the wife's bandit out to blow out some cobwebs...

Then took the 1100 out for the same...

Then I washed the three bikes

Too much snapper!!

Saw we could have had rock star parking...
        No signature

Comment

For me, it was at the other end.....Ft. Bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Too much snapper!!

Is there really such a thing as too much snapper?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

El Paso

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
              For me, it was at the other end.....Ft. Bliss.
              I hit a Hibachi restaurant in ELP on Saturday...there are plenty of beautiful women in this city. Well more than little ol' Alamogordo.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

i was ride to bangka island last week with one of my fellow rider here....it was beautiful scenery at the beach....and of course very quiet place....
                its just take 6 hours from my branch office (homebase) in palembang city....this island is very worthed to ride....its quiet and still very natural environment

pelabuhan penyeberangan means ferry harbor

on the edge of docking harbor

at parai beach

my friend was cut me some durian fruit from her own tree

a river near tin mining behind her house
                Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

that looks warm. we're supposed to get a snowstorm tomorrow.
                  2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                  82 gs1100L probably the next project
                  1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                  1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                    that looks warm. we're supposed to get a snowstorm tomorrow.
                    its not warm eli....its hot even i still sweating when i wear my tourmaster intake jacket with no liner

i remember it was 87 degree in the mid day (at least it was written in my android phone)
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

on the way home....

parking on the ferry

sailing back to palembang city

Comment

i've forgotten how to sweat. i like your bikes. my wife has a gz250.

well i'll probably get another ride or two on the snowmobile. see this: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...27#post2008527
                        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                        82 gs1100L probably the next project
                        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                          i've forgotten how to sweat. i like your bikes. my wife has a gz250.

well i'll probably get another ride or two on the snowmobile. see this: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...27#post2008527
                          i never got a chance to see snow until now....but i think its fun to ride snow vehicle like yours....i wish i can play "snow throwing" like the kids if i could

yes...my bike is basically have same engine and frame with GZ250 marauder....just different style of ride
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Great pictures, nice looking motorcycle you have too. The water and palm trees look so beautiful. Looks like you had a fun getaway.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                              Great pictures, nice looking motorcycle you have too. The water and palm trees look so beautiful. Looks like you had a fun getaway.
                              thanks for your comment...
                              its coconut tree....not a palm....i thought

Comment

Thanks for sharing pictures of your ride. It's always nice to see new places on GSR.

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X