anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Shan and I went for a 50 mile spin tonight... By far the most comfortable motorcycle for both of us 2 up... You can't beat that bench seat!............
    Ah, So you got the bike for her concern. What a guy.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice bike, but when do you think you'll be man enough for a dirt bike?

Comment

Evening ride.

Back to my old tricks.

And found my way into the state park campground (empty cuz not open yet).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Man that sun is gorgeous Dave!!!
          So glad to see you out and about back in full swing!
          Best,
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
            Nice bike, but when do you think you'll be man enough for a dirt bike?
            HAHAHA Never!!!
            Seriously, I have no interest in a dirt bike, but a dual sport... I could see that down the line. I would use it to explore and camp... Maybe in a few more years Street riding is very exciting still for me.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The Bonneville looks great, Jedz.
              Glad to see the dual front discs. I like the look and probably performs a bit better?
              The smaller black fly-catcher suits the bike as well.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                The Bonneville looks great, Jedz.
                Glad to see the dual front discs. I like the look and probably performs a bit better?
                The smaller black fly-catcher suits the bike as well.
                Yes the Nissin brakes are actually quite good on this bike. Stops very quickly and with ABS I'm not afraid to yank on the lever.
                We used them last night and the bike came to a stop very quickly even 2 up.
                The more I ride it the more I feel like I'm riding a Skunk GS1000E or CB900... A big classic UJM, except with way more tech and less weight. And Stupid smooth.
                The other screen looked goofy and was causing some nasty buffeting. The Fly screen looks 10X better, not the best wind protection but better than nothing.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

First ride ever on my new to me GS650G! I can't believe the differences from my 1969 Triumph. Sure, I expected more power, but the lack of vibes, smoothness, and fun factor were so much improved.
                  1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
                    First ride ever on my new to me GS650G! I can't believe the differences from my 1969 Triumph. Sure, I expected more power, but the lack of vibes, smoothness, and fun factor were so much improved.
                    Those GS650Gs are great bikes to just put miles too. Just keep your eye on the oil and oil pressure. They aren't nearly robust as their ball bearing crank brothers.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Damn, with all those lens flares I feel like I'm watching a J.J. Abrams movie. Looks good though.

Comment

It's hard taking pictures of it in the sun... I can't seem to focus them out... Ahh 1st world problems. Haha
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Took the long way home since dealership doesnt open till 9 and I needed to pickup some parts. They were doing a Slingshot demo day so I got to take one of those for a spin too.

Comment

Those GS650Gs are great bikes to just put miles too. Just keep your eye on the oil and oil pressure. They aren't nearly robust as their ball bearing crank brothers.
                            Thanks. I've read that some folks replace their oil sight glass with a pressure gauge.
                            1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by MechMessiah View Post
                              Damn, with all those lens flares I feel like I'm watching a J.J. Abrams movie. Looks good though.
                              I'm glad J chose this version over the blacked out version with the stoopit hipster brown seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Beez View Post
                                Thanks. I've read that some folks replace their oil sight glass with a pressure gauge.
                                ..............what?

Comment

Working...
                                X