No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my annual ride with my friend from way back in high school last week. We had great performance from my two old GS550T's, the same models we road together new in 81. We did five days of easy riding here in beautiful British Columbia from Surrey to Kamloops via the Fraser Canyon, Kamloops to Clearwater, Clearwater to Lillooet, Lillooet to Whistler via the Duffy Lake road for some world class riding and scenery. Last leg was from Whistler back to Surrey via Vancouver .... big city riding, not fun on the highways. Photo is from the Duffy Lake road portion of the ride from Lillooet to Whistler at Seaton lake - no photoshop here, it is this spectacular! Ccccccold weather in the AM but no rain!
    Attached Files
    GS550T 1981
    GS850G 1983
    GS650G 1982
    GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Great!

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well, probably the last ride for the season. Getting cold. Trying to keep riding as long as I can since this is the first summer since I've owned the bike that I can actually ride it whenever and as far as I want, since I got the charging system sorted. I can bundle up but the wind is the real b**ch. And that weeping fork seal isn't going to fix itself. I'd like to also address the broken or stripped exhaust bolts/holes, replace the master cylinder window, and adjust the valves. Lots of projects to keep me busy over the winter.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

35* this morning on my ride to work but only my neck and inner thighs were cold
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

New York is getting too cold too fast. Thought I'd be able to get at least one more ride in this year, I guess not. Had to winterize the bike last night .

Comment

Rode to work this morning with a Temp of 31 it was a little cold out but still did it.

Comment

Only 9°C today... chilly, but my heated vest made it entirely enjoyable!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I enjoyed riding the Tail of the Dragon on Friday. I think I like the bottom pic better than the top, but I'm not sure. What do you think?
                  I was there around 9:30am on Friday Oct 19 (if you want to find pix of me at 129photos.com)
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                    I enjoyed riding the Tail of the Dragon on Friday. I think I like the bottom pic better than the top, but I'm not sure. What do you think?
                    I was there around 9:30am on Friday Oct 19 (if you want to find pix of me at 129photos.com)
                    I like the top one.......

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Still grabbing my 100 miles a day... Coming up to 28K miles thus far for this season. Snow on my way in, passed a Subaru, on the TUX
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'm about 3,400 miles for 2018. (and 1,337 of that was last week!)
                        "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Great ride report Kerry! I like the second picture best. You have that road racer look in your eyes.☺ Now that you have a longer ride under your belt, do you have anything planned for a ride next year?

I'm at 15,000 miles for 2018... that's with a month and a half of minimal riding due to ailments. 2019 looks good. I plan on doing the Western United States Loop. (Ohio, Wyoming, Arizona, Louisiana, Bedford Indiana, Ohio). I'm thinking end of May beginning of June...
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I'm running about 8000 on the Bandit (thanks to two long work trips) and about 1000 on the 550; need to even that out next year
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Went for ride this morning out to breakfast.
                              7:45am, dark, 40degF
                              Went for a little ride afterwards.

This afternoon went for another little ride, 44 degF, threating rain, found place to watch the last quarter of the MSU-Purdue game.
                              Went for a little ride afterwards.

Only saw this one other bike all day, and that was first thing this morning.

Winds were calm, so something of a nice fall day this afternoon.
                              Can see a few folks out walking the pier.

Ew, that cloud cover is getting to look a lot like November & December & January.
                              Last edited by Redman; 10-28-2018, 02:02 AM. Reason: this one

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I was elbow deep in a flue today... At least my wood stove is set for winter!!! No'easter ripping up through here tonight wind and ice... Salt trucks hitting the passes hard tonight.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X