No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12' F and a boat load of black ice all over the roads took the truck and my running equipment. If I cant run a bike I'll run my legs! Tis the season to loose 20lbs HAHAHA.

I did ride yesterday for a couple of hours after work yielding 100 miles on the TUX which will soon be receiving studs! It was miserable yesterday, 33' Soaking rains and snow... My days are numbered for this season.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Gonna be 10F tonight a bunch of snow coming tomorrow night. Looking like motorcycle season is winding down for the Northeast.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

20 (70) and sunny here today. 🙂
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          20 (70) and sunny here today. 🙂
          Minus something here today and overcast with some blowing snow. Been doing this instead, this was about 3 weeks ago. Going places your DR won't. LOL.

by soates50, on Flickr
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
            Minus something here today and overcast with some blowing snow. Been doing this instead, this was about 3 weeks ago. Going places your DR won't. LOL.

by soates50, on Flickr
            Gorgeous shot
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Gorgeous shot
              +1! that'd go great on many magazine covers!

Comment

That's a pretty picture. I'll be living it in a few hours according to the forecast. I HATE WINTER!!!

Comment

Warmed up a bit today, IMG_20181115_125855222.jpg27° when I left. Laundry is in the back pack and groceries in the saddlebags. No that's not a calm, pristine lake. It's frozen over!
                  1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                  1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                  LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Fantastic afternoon to explore some more of the New Mexico desert.

I got my hands on a real camera. Not sure really how to use it to it's full potential, but I'm pleased so far.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                      I got my hands on a real camera. Not sure really how to use it to it's full potential, but I'm pleased so far.

You should be pleased. Nice picture....

What camera?
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        You should be pleased. Nice picture....

What camera?
                        The camera is a Cannon T6 Rebel. From what I've read, just a step above smart phone photo capability. Truth be told, I just borrowed it to try it out. My dad purchased it but doesn't use it very often.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

that's a nice shot! I don't know how you dare risk that beautiful bike up there! but I beg to differ- it's a BIG step above smartphones..the lense, the huge sensor....

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                            that's a nice shot! I don't know how you dare risk that beautiful bike up there! but I beg to differ- it's a BIG step above smartphones..the lense, the huge sensor....
                            Kinda looks worse than it was. Riding to that spot and out wasn't that bad. Still, yah I see what you mean.

Thanks for liking the photo guys.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

WOW! huge improvement with the new borrowed camera. I've always been intrigued by your Southwest imagery, but the new camera takes it to a new level. Love the clarity, selective focus, and depth of field.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                                The camera is a Cannon T6 Rebel. From what I've read, just a step above smart phone photo capability. Truth be told, I just borrowed it to try it out. My dad purchased it but doesn't use it very often.
                                One thing it'll do that a phone or most point and shoots won't do is controlling depth of field (DOF). Looks like you got that one figured out. Great shoot.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X