anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Was just the other day I was so happy the bike running so well after the carb rebuild-cleaning and other work.

Today Took the bike out to runn some errands, and started running like c-ca-cra-crap, a bit of a shutter-stutter. Seems to idle, but the stutter on accell, and not the accelleration it should be, and can feel the stuttering at higher speed. Is a real quick stutter, maybe better described as a shudder.

Very discouraging.

Stopped an let it sit for about 5 minutes, #2 pipe was cold while others still warm.
    Ran it some more to get home a few miles, stopped and checked pipes again, #2 pipe a little warm by head and cold further down, others hot. So #2 is not heating up.

Makes me want to read the "why some folks should not have old bikes" again.

Next few days I have a lot other stuff going on, then will be completely unavailable to work on it for about 3 1/2 weeks, then will have not much more than a week before Brown County.

Trying to think of what to check first. Plug wires were trimmed back last year, and new caps last fall. But I can check those again. New plugs with the recent work.
    CAn check spark on #2.
    Since is cyclinder 2, I can see if blocking off the vacuum line to the petcock makes a difference.
    Other than those, I cant think of anything else.
    Dont know weither to post in "Ignition" or "4 cylinder". Maybe after I find out a bit more.

Am annoyed and discouraged. Looking for any words of wisdom.
    Mine did that once. was a stuck closed float.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
      Ride? What's a ride. Been a sh*t spring so far. I know have this orange two wheeled thing in the back of the shed somewhere and a big ole Spyder in there as well. Between wind, flaring up arthritis, a 15 yr old that needs 24/7 supervision and now an injured knee ( massive hematona on it and swelling from a fall this last weekend) my riding has been crap. One decent ride about 4 weeks ago. Was looking forward to AspenCash in Ruidoso this weekend but nooooooo.
      If you're feeling better and are up to it, a buddy (Raygun) and I are heading toward Silver City next Friday for a weekend ride through the Gila Mountains and surrounding area. Would be fun to meet up somewhere.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

So I kind of bought my 2017 VanVan back today and took it for a fun reacquaintance ride. Man I've missed this little thing. So good!!!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Berrien County MI

Took a long ride this morning, sunny weather!!!

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

140 miles for me today, this is at a rest stop on the way home. A fellow that I met while taking a break.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Nice fifty miles with my wife this afternoon, Bville to West Hamlin to Milton and back home. Lovely day.
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

http://Moonlight midnight ride. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  That's the moon!?

Comment

It is indeed...
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Went for a 75-mi ride with my darling today, the southern tip of Ohio. Route 775 north to Scottown and Route 217 West to 141 West to Ironton, then 243 back to Huntington.

One wee little bit offroad, unintentionally.

As stated in the diagram, toodling along OH141 Westbound, and just as it takes a turn to the south, you crest a little hill. At the same time, the road widens into a Y-intersection, and the double-yellow disappears, and this rider has no idea where the road is going.
                      So what do you do? You split the Y, of course.

At 50mph.

Just a wee side trek through a glorified parking lot and a bit of lawn before rolling back onto OH141.

That road needs MARKED!!

Attached Files
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        It is indeed...
                        Last night's moon was fantastic. I wanted to ride so badly, but worked too late. Noticed the moon on my way home.

Tonight it's cloudy
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

150 mile loop and discovered 2 new twisty sections of tarmac.
                          Lived here for 35 years and never been on these roads.
                          Must have been 50 plus new corners.
                          Fake news for sure.
                          Didn't stop to bother with pictures, had to be the most satisfying ride in a while, with fresh rubber as well.
                          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

i had to ride to a work thing early the other day and after that i was free to wander. got up to highway speed for a while on rt. 390 for a temporary roadtrip buzz.

a very haunted looking house

the old genesee canal.

locks. there are several in this area because of the dramatic elevation change. there were 106 locks on the whole canal.

[/url]

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                            82 gs1100L probably the next project
                            1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                            1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                              i had to ride to a work thing early the other day ..............

Interesting cut on the windshield. do you have any buffeting sound since it's been cut down?

Great pics by the way. Love the old locks and all that green stuff everywhere.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Great shots Lyle!!!

Enjoy the good riding.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X