anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Keith! .... When I saw Hurricane on the map, I was trying to remember who the GSR member was that moved from so cal to Hurricane. Had I remembered it was you , I would have made some effort to contact you. I would have liked to meet you also, one reason being to thank you for your bike-in-road-with-reflection picture which inspired me to take pictures on the road, well, on or next to road. And your (and BassCliff) pics of Palomar mountain (and others) is what gave me the idea that southern Cal would be great riding. So when daugter and SIL moved there, I knew I needed to visit and go for rides.

I stayed in Kanab two nights. Zion was great, and also enjoyed the Kolob Reservour ride outside the park.
    My prior trips to SanDiego/Ocenside, over the last 5 years, were fly in and fly back. THis last trip (final) was fly in and ride back. (Daughter and SIL and baby moving back to Michigan).
    Oh well, story of my life. I always seem to be a little late. I ride up to the Kolob reservoir when it gets hot around here. I was already kind of planning on meeting you next time you were out this way. My family is still in So Cal'. It figures it would be your last trip. I'm happy for you that your daughter, SIL and the baby are moving back. Nice to have family nearby. I miss mine. Why did they decide to move back?
    Take care and keep sharing your on the road pic's.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Camping in Allegheny National Forest (in Pennsylvania) this past weekend. It was a straight up party til ya drop affair. I had to muster all the moderation I could but on night #1 barely made it into my tent. Anyway there was good riding and hiking and food, too. The younger guys went and rented 4 wheelers and rode the back country trails. The moral is don't rent 4 wheelers to these guys, they know how to get their moneys worth.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Took a short 70 mile blast yesterday.

V
        Attached Files
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Took a BORING 100 mile ride today just to charge up the battery on the Honda. Got rained on lightly 3 different times. No pics because who really wants to see pics of straight flat roads in Nebraska.

C'mon Brown County.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Alke, I get that. I ride pretty much every other day now, and it's mostly commuting. I'm running summer camps for micropeople right now, but as soon as they end (week after next), my girlfriend and I are taking some time to do a ride to Payson, Prescott and Pinetop. I'll post pics then.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Yeah, I'm just extremely jealous of all you guys that have beautiful roads and scenery for your rides. I usually trailer my bike anywhere from 6 to 8 hours to get to such roads.

I'd love to leave this place but my wife is just not on board with it. She does give me the opportunity to take off anytime though, so at least I am happy about that.
              Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

That sucks. Great rides abound here anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours away.
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I know, I have a sister in Mesa that I have visited several times so I have seen a lot of Arizona. I have made a promise to myself to take my Honda to her house in late October and leave it there for the winter. That way, I can just fly to her place and ride for 2 - 3 weeks then fly back home. If I can do that once during each of the winter months, I will have my itch sufficiently scratched.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E

Comment

Recent ride

20190428_143049.jpg A recent ride out with the Big Suze.
                    1985 GS1150E 22k miles Work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by GSGENO View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]58245[/ATTACH] A recent ride out with the Big Suze.
                      A good looking bike! Cheers.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Took the 1100E up to our sportsman's club today, about 40 minutes away, and helped set up the seven stages for Saturday's USPSA match.
                        Glad I stopped to help, as there was only two others there. We set up all the walls, targets, and fault lines.
                        Then we had to stake everything down with 10" spikes and small sledge hammers.
                        Ended up taking three hours, instead of the hour or so I anticipated.
                        And I am beat. Been a long time since I lifted heavy things and swing a hammer for three hours.

Just a couple of uninformative photos. The first is the GS parked by the pavilion in the action pistol area.
                        The second is one of the bays. You can see some of the walls and target stands, behind the building.

Last edited by Baatfam; 06-14-2019, 06:57 AM.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I went for one of my favourite loop drives yesterday. It's a 400 mile loop through three of our National Parks. Kootaney, Banff and Yoho. Perfect weather for the day but a little cooking hot later in the afternoon. Tried a side trip up to the very picturesque Takakkaw Falls but the road was only open part way in and didn't really feel up to adding about a 12 mile round trip hike to my already long day.

Kootenay River - Kootenay N.P. by soates50, on Flickr

Kootenay River GS1000 by soates50, on Flickr
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thanks for posting such great pics, guys. You're really making me want to ride though.

My stator's shot, waiting for parts. Hmmm, I wonder how long the battery charge would last. I suppose I could just unplug the fairing. That leaves just the tail light and occasional brake light.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sandy, how hot is hot there?
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                                Sandy, how hot is hot there?
                                It got up 32c which is 90f. That's very hot up here, not that many days a year we get over 30c but last few years we've been seeing it more. We will be worrying about fires again this year if this keeps up.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X