No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like pie!🙂 Nice pictures on a beautiful day, very nice.👍 I once rode 160 miles for a Hot Dog...
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Rode different bikes, same route. 20 miles on interstate to upper part of my loop, then ride back on Hills road through our local wine country.
      Saturday on the GS1100G, people were not so much in a hurry, 85 in left lane. The G works great there, and on the country roads, nice level of torque power that's the engine style.
      Sunday my track bike the GSX Katana w/GSXR1100 engine. People were in a big hurry to get up Michigan, 100mph in the left lane, GSXR engine loves that stuff!!! Hills road back, bike is so under speed at 55, just a tiny move and I'm moving up at 65, then back down again. Bummer more people driving slow, looking for wine tastings. Later on some straight roads I blast up to 110 then back down to 55 at cross roads, it's about a mile between cross roads. Nice ride but more fun with lower powered bikes.
      My 87 CBR600 is down with a burnt stator, but I did the same rout last week on that bike. It's a much better bike for those country roads, but rather buzzy at 85 mph.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        We went on a 300 mile adventure yesterday .
        ...!
        Hey, Rog, Good to hear you got out for some fun.. and with a couple passengers.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          I like pie! Nice pictures on a beautiful day, very nice. I once rode 160 miles for a Hot Dog...
          I also rode a hundred miles for a loaf of bread once.

Got home and realized I forgot the bread, LOL.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Hey, Rog, Good to hear you got out for some fun.. and with a couple passengers.
          Yep, we'll have great memories from that ride for a long time. We even plan to go back to try the apple pie. I took a wrong turn and rode 40 miles or so on a dirt road. Gravel mostly, a few sandy spots but not too bad. It was pretty scenery and my wife was enjoying the ride as well. Wee passed several ranches and cows didn't blink as we rode by right next to them.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            I like pie!�� Nice pictures on a beautiful day, very nice.�� I once rode 160 miles for a Hot Dog...
            Having read all of your ride stories i am guessing this ride may have more to do with "visiting" who was cooking the hot dog than the food itself? lol.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Having read all of your ride stories i am guessing this ride may have more to do with "visiting" who was cooking the hot dog than the food itself? lol.
              Haha, Oh I've ridden a lot further for "that"! This particular ride was to Tony Packos, in Toledo. The hot dog shop Clinger talks about in MASH.😃
              Attached Files
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Whhoooo Hwoooo !

Got out for firsts ride since June 22.
                More about that aspect of it here
                This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Took small bike for the first ride.
                For a 500, if crank up to 6k it has some snap.

Rode out of town a ways. Then came back into town for a fairly regular coffee group at a coffee shop (inside large store). THen rode around in town.

Stopped by the beach.
                Was more seagulls than there was beach goers.
                Was an "Outdoor Education" group, I think from the local high school, that looked like were learning surfing. Gee, just yesterday I was reading about the high school I went to (Benton Harbor) not having the budget for library nor certified teachers (usuing mostly temporary substitutes).

Saw some of the seasonal places closed already. I missed riding pretty much all summer.

Was on the road for about an hour (not counting time at coffee shop).

Had no problem, other than new helmet is kinda tight (as it should be, new).
                I did notice that I was extra cautionus of things like cars at stop signs and such. (which I suppose is not bad).

Have grandbaby duty tommorow.
                Friday will need a longer trip, say, hundred miles.
                Last edited by Redman; 09-04-2019, 03:31 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

So Dave....are we going to be seeing you in Farmington??

Ron
                  Ron
                  When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                  1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                  1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                  1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                  1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post

Ron
                    Has been pondered. See if the RT can make it to and thru Missouri THIS time. But, overall I think is too soon.

Comment

Planning a ride to Flagstaff this weekend ...
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I haven't posted many pictures but thought I'd give Flickr a try.

Got out for a nice 100 mile ride this morning to clear my head and take in some of Middle Tennessee's twisty roads. It was cool (70F) and overcast so figured I'd try to get a few pictures.

One nice road through the hills goes under this bridge so I popped up there for a pic. This picture doesn't capture it, but it's a long way down to the road and hills in the background are very scenic from this point of view.

KIMG0124 by Greg White, on Flickr

Here's the bike on the bridge. The bridge's sides make it impossible to get a good pic of the bike with the road in the background. And the vulgar graffiti prevent me from getting a broader shot.

KIMG0126 by Greg White, on Flickr

Continuing on my favorite loop, I stopped to sip coffee at the Walter Hill dam.

KIMG0131 by Greg White, on Flickr

Lots of folks fishing below the dam.

KIMG0128 by Greg White, on Flickr

Stopped toward the end of my loop for a short break at Woodbury's town square. I sipped the last of my coffee as I watched folks set up for the weekend farmers market. When I hit the started button the bike wouldn't start. Took several tries before it reluctantly came to life. It's been a little hard starting the last few rides. Might need a new battery. It's on the charger now so I can test the bikes charging system, but it's probably about time for a battery, so fingers crossed that it's the battery. Need it starting well ahead of the Ozarks rally.

KIMG0138 by Greg White, on Flickr

A great morning. Good for my mental health. This Tiger really likes the twisty roads.
                        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Whhoooo Hwoooo ! Got out for firsts ride since June 22.
                          Great progress Dave! So glad you're back in the saddle and seemingly doing so very sensibly.

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                          ...I think is too soon.
                          Would be great to see you in Farmington, but follow your gut. It could be too early to over do it. But, if you feel up to it...
                          Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                          Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Just the usual Saturday morning get together...

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

The SRAD wasn't with us but was very neat and there was a bad dust haze so no views to photograph this time.
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Took the GS1000 out for a spin to see if I could figure out what was causing the "loose" rear end. I suspected the new tire on the rear? Turns out the swingarm bolt needed tightening about 1/4 turn! Stopped by one of the local landmarks and got a pic of the sign with the bike.

IMG_0277.jpg

Nice place, but, I'm glad I quit drinking their product some time back. Now I have more cash for bike parts!

Ron
                              Ron
                              When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                              1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                              1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                              1982 GS1100E - April 2024 BOTM
                              1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

I rode my Kat to Trevor's show today...

... bike decided to eat its starter clutch and needed to be bump-started to leave the show but otherwise it was a good day.
                                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                                2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X