No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got back last nite from a week long trip through Vermont and New York. First stop, of course, was the 2019 GSR Northeast Rally. RLAM!!

Ferry ride across Lake Champlain.

The Ugly near the top of Whiteface Mtn. in the Adirondacks. You might remember Whiteface from the 1980 Winter Olympics.

The road to the top.

A quick flash pic in the otherwise very dark and scary wilderness.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Hi Eli, have you ridden all 4 Lake Champlain ferries?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
        Hi Eli, have you ridden all 4 Lake Champlain ferries?
        just two, burlington and ticonderoga. also crossed the bridge at crown point.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Comment

My wife and I went for an 80 mile loop today in southeastern Ohio. It takes us 12 miles just to get into OH, so we don't often go there, and the roads are less familiar.

Today was a red-letter day -- my 10,000th mile on this bike!
            I bought it in 2013 and it had been neglected and abused, and I didn't ride it for two years or so.
            Finally got it in riding condition (thanks, GSRick who literally put it back together for me)
            and today was mile 10,000. Went from 14,576 to 24,576.
            Harold (my traveling hound) enjoyed the red-letter ride today. He was wagging his tail the whole time.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Haven't done much riding this year so today a 120 mile ride to no place in particular was a treat.
              On the way home stopped at this restored train station in Smithville.
              It has had a couple uses over the years but the Historical Society in the area have finally got it back to its roots.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                ............................... He was wagging his tail the whole time.
                Mostly when above a certain speed.....??

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                  Harold (my traveling hound) enjoyed the red-letter ride today. He was wagging his tail the whole time.
                  Mostly when above a certain speed.....??
                  As a matter of fact, yes. When we were going fast, his tail was wagging.

Harold, by the way, has been with me since 1990. He's been to Germany, India, Switzerland, France, and Ireland (North and the Republic), and probably Mexico, Canada, and Alaska too. He's a good pup.
                  Last edited by kerrfunk; 09-14-2019, 10:15 PM.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Took GK out today since is the mark of the end of my 12 week recovery period.
                    Rolled it out of the garage, dusted it off some. Checked oil level and tire pressure.

Would not start, cranked but not fire. Switched the petcock to prime. Still did not fire.
                    Put the battery tender back on. Came back half hour later. Still did not fire.
                    Oh! Doah! I had the petcock pointed forward, Doah!! for PRIme I should have the petcock pointed back. Man, what a mental malfunction.
                    So, put petcock in actaull PRIme position for about a minute, and she fires right up (put petcock back to ON).

But jeepers, running at a high RPM, makes something of a knocking-thumping sound AND is smoking real bad.
                    THe knocking-thumping subsides in a couple seconds, but it keeps smoking real bad, mostly out the left pipe.
                    ANd it is blowing back into the garage, filling the garage, can see it rolling out from under the eaves down the length of the house.

Right then I see a mouse run out of the garage right towards me, then it stops, and circles back into the garage, then comes running back out the other direction out into the lawn. I had to laugh at the little guy.

After a minute and half or so, it is not smoking as bad, but after 3 minutes or so can still see very noticalble smoke out the left pipe.
                    Previously folks would tell me it puffs some smoke when shifting. But this is a noticable continous smoke at idle.

Went for ride, and it seemed to be back to normal after a while.
                    Suppose could have done an overhaul during this 12 weeks, but that was duiring the heat of summer.

So did have something of a Triumphant Return Ride. Was out for about 2 1/2 hours.

Headed out of town.

Stopped at this bridge to look at the creek (and take picture).
                    Two bikes went by. They slowed down to holler at me "Yah, Okay, Man?" (easy to do that without helmets). I gave the thumbs up. Noticed that both looked like 70s 80s bikes, one probably a GS.

Later I caught up to them, and had a brief chance to chat.

(more of that story in "Sightnings")
                    Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Then turned around and was heading back to the lakeshore.
                    Was thinking I was gonna be too late for sunset at the beach so headed to this boat ramp.
                    Found that due to high water level that half the parking lot was under water, but found my way to this corner of parking lot that was about in the river.

Good to be back to old habits.
                    Need a day long trip fairly soon.
                    My new helmet (well, new, new helmet, bigger size) needs to earn a M-22 sticker.

Last edited by Redman; 09-15-2019, 04:03 PM. Reason: add linky

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman welcome back to the riding world and thanks for enlarging my pic on my post. One of these days I will figure out how to post photos properly!
                      GS550T 1981
                      GS850G 1983
                      GS650G 1982
                      GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Great to hear you got out and enjoyed the ride! Hope the bike is running better now Dave!

Be well and enjoy the ride!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          So did have something of a Triumphant Return Ride. Was out for about 2 1/2 hours.
                          Now this made me smile this morning. Great news!
                          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Dave, it is nice to see the GK in the background of your pics again.

A new reason to buy a GS.....rodent repellent.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Glad to see you out and about again Redman! I've missed the posts of your GK adventures.

I got out for a short ride yesterday also to get away from my kitchen renovations for a bit. Had a very nice 1982 Ducati 900 Supersport come park beside me, an extremely neat and tidy bike!

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.humbucker View Post
                                ...................!
                                Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                                Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                .............................!
                                Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                                Originally posted by pete View Post
                                ....................................r
                                Thanks. I do greatly appreciate it.

Had a short ride this evening.
                                So after my 12 week recovery..... I get out and

is last day of the season at Pronto Pup

and is snow fence at the statepark beach

Ah, But I like fall riding just as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X