anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day that not rainy since SUnday.
    45degF and windy this morning, got out for ride. Went by pier to see waves.
    Had to go thru sand in road to get down there, since has been windy for days. Got some sand blown in face a few times.

Then Rode up to Muskegon to visit my brother, and back.
    50 degrees when home about 1 pm.
    Still spitting out sand.

>> I know I post lot of pics of the piers and big lake.
    Was wondering if more than Trevor post of the pier-fishmarket. Probably.
    Trev and I also post lot of BigLake/Ocean. Well, he has ocean on one side and, what, on other side, Straights of Something. So many locations. I have just a few places.
    Anyway, I dont tire of Trevs pics.

FOlks let me know if too many of my lake/pier pictures.
    (I can hear the mutterings "dont encourage him, he will flood us". Naw, I will not.)
    Last edited by Redman; 10-23-2019, 09:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Never tire of your pics either, Dave.
      Keep 'em coming.
      Some people here can't or don't get out as much, myself included, so we live vicariously through the photographs supplied by others.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Have not been out on the 1000 for a while...it loves the crisp weather.

No signature

Comment

Tail Of The Dragon - Sunday
          motorcycle.jpg

Comment

East Canyon in the Salt Lake City, Utah area last week on my GSXR 750:

Last edited by 80GS1000; 10-24-2019, 10:05 AM.
            Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
            2006 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Have not been out on the 1000 for a while...it loves the crisp weather.
              Awesome bike and pics!
              Bikes:

1980 GS1000 restomod
              2006 GSXR 750

Comment

(And if I could figure out google photo I would get a pic to appear)
                Dave, I had tried Google photo to host photos before going to imgur. I could only get pics to show up if I was logged in to google, and then only I could see them. I never got it to actually work.
                Huh! yes, they must have changed something. It used to work ,da*n them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                  ...Huh! yes, they must have changed something. It used to work ,da*n them.
                  Imgur has closed the back door to uploads, too.
                  Tonight I had to use ImgBB.com
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

And again

Last edited by Redman; 10-24-2019, 10:04 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

42degf this morning. Suppose to be rainy tommorow and rest of week.
                      Went for little ride, keeping an eye open for fall color scenes.
                      P1050913c by Dave Redman, on Flickr
                      Not much fall color left.

But did find a red-yellow maple tree in town.

Also stopped down by the beach/pier

These pics may look like are parked on the beach sand. But, Is in areas of parking lots with sand blown over from recent windy days.
                      And apparently here the sand has covered a drain, so is a puddle from recent rains.

Then found a coffee shop downtown.... and.... ah, didnt make much progress after that.
                      Enjoyed the casual morning.

Last edited by Redman; 10-28-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I rode down to Tucson over weekend to hang out with some of my siblings. I always take the 79 down, as I utterly loathe the 10. The 79 is a scenic, relatively under-traveled 2 lane State Route . It is the historic Highway 80, and it is where Tom Mix died in his Cord. I tend to take a pic there with every bike I own. This time, as I took the photo, a couple told me that I should look at the table behind the monument. I found a cool old motorcycling pic of Mix there.

3DE64BEC-213B-4940-88E7-39B8AC31D21D.jpg
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Here's the bike beside the memorial.

1F51F05E-05FB-40AA-A77A-84793DC9CAD5.jpg
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Had a nice sunny start to our usual Saturday morning ride yesterday despite the damp and patchy roads.

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr

The clouds came and went, and in this case came in just in time for the awesome view photo opportunity so it wasn't so awesome...

Untitled by starpoint73, on Flickr
                            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Cold ride today, GS1100G

Had a fabulous ride today, 70 miles @ 43ºF, very windy too. My 82 Suzuki GS1100G really held it's direction even with strong side winds. Stopped at the beach in Michigan City Ind. and watched very brave dudes kitesurfing in cold Lake Michigan water.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 11-03-2019, 11:15 PM.
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Met up this morning with a mixed group of a dozen bikes and scooters to explore the curvy, hilly, rural roads of northern Alabama and southern Tennessee. The morning started cool, just above freezing, but warmed up to almost 60F by afternoon.

The guy that organized the ride was on a 250cc scooter and there were 2 or 3 other scooters in the group. There was also a Harley, a V-Strom, an NC500, some supermoto, an FZ1, a DR650, and a couple I'm forgetting about.

I met the Harley guy about 30 minutes south of my place and we rode together to Ardmore AL and met the others. We followed the leader's 250cc scooter all over the rural back roads through some truly pastoral lands and tree shaded lanes. It was a relaxed ride, but sportier than I expected from a group led by a scooter. The guy leading the ride did a good job of finding entertaining roads with little traffic.

Left the house at 8am, home at 4pm, and had a smile on my face the whole day. Was very good for my mental health.

Since I'd been riding with the Harley guy, I texted him that I made it home safe. He figured out that we'd met a year or so ago when I sold him a tank bag for $15 that he uses on his Buell Ulysses. Crazy I didn't remember, but it was a long time ago and we spent a total of 5 minutes together in a gas station parking lot. But still crazy.

We stopped at the Delina Stor, in Delina, for lunch. It was supposed to be the Delina Store, but when the owner's wife painted the name, she painted the letters too big and ran out of room for the e on the barn door they used as a sign. So now it's sort of locally famous for being "The Stor."

These are about the only pictures I took the whole day.

Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                                Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Working...
                                X